Black & White Night Concert

SunnyOne

Blues Newbie
Wisconsin Public TV had a nice concert with Roy Orbison, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Elvis Costello and the background singers Bonnie Raitt, KD Lang (and someone else I didn't recognize)....I liked this song (among others)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WpRnjxuBys

G

Garymcm

Thanks for that Sunny
Love the line up. Great to see Tom Waits on accoustic, sitting at the back just chillin.
They all looked like they were having a ball.

While not obvious on that clip. I always forget just how good a guitarist Bruce is.
Cheers
Gary

bob

Blues Newbie
caught that one over here a while back ROY ORBISON AND FRIENDS
Great show it gets shown from time to time on Sky Arts [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BTW the guitarist with the paisley telecaster was Elvis Presley lead guitarist forget his name

TonyS

Blues Newbie
Great link Sunny, thanks.  You can't beat a big double bass.  I quite like Roy Orbison, we play a rocked up version of Pretty Women in the band.  All good fun.

Steve_M

Blues Newbie
Thanks Sunny a great link. I will have to keep a look out for the complete concert.
bob I think the guitarist is James Burton.

Cheers

Steve

SunnyOne

Blues Newbie
They ended with the grammy award winning PRETTY WOMAN...it blewwwwwwwwwww me away!!! Hope it's on youtube so you can see it too! :)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks Sunny, I caught that last year during the pledge break and again this year. It was a pretty good show wasn't it?

A

aforrest

Seems I catch this show at least once a year, some great entertainers and music, Roy Orbison is one of my favorites, someone once ask Elvis who he thought had the purest singing voice, of course he said Roy Orbison