I'm NOT ready!

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
Excellent!

You got the beer thing all wrong, otherwise, sounds like you did great!

First two beers are for tuning up.
Two more for getting up.
Two more to come back down.

Here's to you!
[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

and that's only the first set....wait til Marv gets to the second set.... ;)...later.

cowboy

Jacass

Blues Newbie
Well done cap'n. wish it was me. Oh we'll, I'll just have to wait my turn I suppose.
[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] cass [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Way to go Denny! Every time I think about going to an open mic by myself, I'm struck with the "I can't think of a thing to play" syndrome. Getting up with a few of my regular band mates is easy, but solo? My knees would still be knocking (don't need a drummer with the noise I make).

Don't let the warm glow of the applause fade. Get back out there to another open mic as soon as you can.

Rockybottom

Senior Bluesman
Well done Captn.  Turned into the wind nicely !!

Thats the hard one over.  Onwards and upwards as they say.

Many Congrats

:cool:

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
If I was there I would have put a dollar in your open guitar case - you DID have an open guitar case in front of you, right?! :) - and then you'd be a professional! ;)

Kestrou

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
  That's awesome Denny!  [smiley=beer.gif] Sorry I'm so late getting back to your thread. Now that you've gotten passed the first time, ya gotta go do it again. Soon  :cool:

Oh yeah ...  ;) always travel with a guitar of your own.

dougbriney

Blues Newbie
Re: Cool Freakin' Beans!

Well I did it!  My son came up with me and started the laptop with our extended lesson 8-2 backing track.  I just played the box 1 and I guess part of Box 2.  It sounded pretty good from where I was, but it someone else's acoustic.  I wish the heck I had my PRS or the Squire Strat, but even though it was a loaner acoustic it sounded pretty good.

For my second number I just played a nice C,A,E chord progression, throwing in a few accents here and there.

I got 2 rounds of applause, which was pretty darn cool.  I told Kevin afterwards that it was a lot of fun.  And it's just fun enough to make it worth the fear.

I could actually feel my knees shaking.

It was really cool to be able to cap off our time here in Boston on a high note.  Kevin said I sounded great, and was really proud of me for doing it.  I think he thought I was going to chicken out.  It only took 2 beers to get enough courage up.

Now I have to figure out how to come down to get to sleep.

Thanks all for the help and encouragement.

My first open mic!  Yee-Haw!

Dennis
Just two beers? Dang, you got stones. Glad to hear it went well. Applause always makes the shaky knees worth it.

AT BGU live I felt like the audience could see my hand shaking during my solos. Really helped the vibrato!