Jammin' at the Sand Dollar

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Stelios went to play a few numbers at open mic using my Super Amp and some backing tracks. Played his LP through his Mustang III. Vocals were through the PA, but ended up muffled on that mic. Quiet night, only a few of us plus the bartender.

I went to watch, but forgot to wear my "I'm only here for the beer" T-shirt.  So next thing I knew, he found out I had one of my acoustic guitars out in the car.  I had never played it through the Super, so just plugged it into the clean channel and gave the volume knob a little twist. The amp never ceases to amaze me.  I just plug in and play.  I don't think I've turned anything but a volume knob yet.

Also still amazed I can just get up, ask what key and at least play along with little chords and boxes 1 & 2. Don't really even think about it, the notes just come out. I felt really relaxed, even if I did almost drop my guitar and had no idea where the backing track ended.  ::)

Thanks to Griff for a foundation, that darned October Challenge and to all the guys in the VJR, past and present, for making it so easy now. Here's to you!  [smiley=beer.gif]

Video got a little blurry when I used the Youtube editor to trip the original Flip video, but here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BDCTdVVZjo

If you can't see it, hit the little replay icon.  For some reason, when I click the link, I get the very end of the video and it stops.  :-/

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Nice work.  You got a great sound out of that guitar/amp combination.  And your solo work just gets better with each passing day!

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
good job Marv..nice playing....also liked the lighting...gave you both a cool laidback look....audio came out pretty decent....would liked to have heard more of you during the verses though...later.

cowboy

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
Holy wow, Marv you are getting so smooth.  That was awesome.  Keep up the good stuff, my friend.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Thanks, guys! 

Yes, cowboy, I was trying little "ice-pick" chords during the early verses to see how they sounded on the recording. Plus, Stelios is usually a little hard to hear, so I didn't want to compete too much during verses.

When I realized the chords were already on the backing track whether I played them or not, I finally switched to playing fills and left Stelios to fend for himself. ;)