Jam On Sunday

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
It's not blues, but I went to a jam on Sunday with a new friend that I've been playing with. It was Emi's first time on stage and she nailed it.
http://www.4shared.com/video/7ylV16ix/2012-06-10_-_Emi_at_ORileys-Sm.html

C

cacwarkitty

Living the dream Mike... 

I've always wanted to back up a pretty and talented girl...

Good fun! Cheers...  [smiley=beer.gif]

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Mike, I think she has a future! Is she to be a permanent fixture in your band?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Yeah, she's talented, beautiful and he has the sweetest personality that I've ever seen in someone her age. I want to adopt her. (and not like that creepy guy that adopted his fiance to avoid taxes or a settlement  or whatever it was)
She and I are working separately from my regular band Crosstimbers.
Crosstimbers sure could use her voice, but we really don't need a third guitar. Maybe down the road she can join us as a backup/lead singer.

puakodiverdan

Blues Newbie
Good stuff mike, I like her voice i think she needs to project her voice a little more but still very good.
I didnt know you could put videos on 4share also very cool.

TonyS

Blues Newbie
Nice voice.  A little nervous I think but that's to be expected.  I'm sure she enjoyed it...she looked like she was having a good time.  Give her as much encouragement as you can Mike and let us see more of her soon.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
We're going to an open mic on Tuesday. I don't know if we're going to be able to get and kind of recording, but I'll see what I can do.
We've worked out most of the kinks in Fast Car by Tracey Chapman. (man what a boring song to play, but she sounds fantastic singing it) and we'll probably do Jolene, Toxic and maybe either Fix You or Your Winter.

We're going to an open mic on Tuesday. I don't know if we're going to be able to get and kind of recording, but I'll see what I can do.
We've worked out most of the kinks in Fast Car by Tracey Chapman. (man what a boring song to play, but she sounds fantastic singing it) and we'll probably do Jolene, Toxic and maybe either Fix You or Your Winter.

I look forward to seeing and hearing more, Mike. I played backing on a few numbers (and sang backing vocals) with a friend's band a few weeks ago. I have also just discovered there's a monthly acoustic jam in a local pub, so I'm going to give that a go. Thinking of doing an acoustic version of Been Down So Long (off LA woman) - a good old E5-A5-B5. A case of  :cool: and  :-[

Chris

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Sounds great Chris. I'm trying to work up enough solo material to do one on my own too. I'm finding it much harder to come up with something good.
Emi and I may put the open mic off for another week, so that we can get a better handle on some of the songs. I think they'd go over fine (she's cute, who's gonna boo her?), but we DO still have a few rough spots.