Living the dream this month!

560sdl

Blues Newbie
Let me see, how can it get much better?

Thursday night had our 4th Open Mic gig.  Relaxed this time and by far the best I have played.  Had our new bass player who likes to play in public.

Friday night did some acoustic jamming with my young buddy Trip, who I have not played with since Thanksgiving.

Last night, had a big gathering on our boat to go out to watch fireworks.  The best news is that this was the first time I have had the boat out since the grounding and tow 2 weeks ago and there are no ISSUES!  So here was the lineup last night for our fireworks trip.

Me (2 guitars), Trip, my mom and stepdad (guitar each) and my music store buddy, Dave.  Plus spouses and my son and oldest brother to round it all off.  7 guitars, 6 players jamming on the boat, playing with my mom!  Heaven I tell you!  I did not play as much as I would like as I was running the boat while most playing was happening, but still!

I expect to jam with Trip some more the next to days

Then early Thursday my wife and I head to All Good festival in WV to see 4 days of awesome music.

Then in two weeks there is a chance I am hooking up with my famous cousin Stu Hamm.

Then the Miss Atlantic BGU jam at the end of the month!  Finally get to meet and jam with some of you awesome guys!

For me, this is as good as it gets!

jimatwell

Blues Newbie
Excellent - livin' large.  You're lucky to have so many chances to jam.  Happy to hear about the boat being OK.

Steve_M

Blues Newbie
Fantastic........family,music and good summer weather. It doesnt get any better ( and the boat is A-OK)

Is that THE Stu Hamm??? The jams will be awesome.  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cheers

Steve

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Then the [glow=yellow,2,300]Miss Atlantic[/glow] BGU jam at the end of the month!  Finally get to meet and jam with some of you awesome guys!

560 - you didn't tell me there would be bathing beauties at your jam!!  :cool:

560sdl

Blues Newbie
Then the [glow=yellow,2,300]Miss Atlantic[/glow] BGU jam at the end of the month!  Finally get to meet and jam with some of you awesome guys!

560 - you didn't tell me there would be bathing beauties at your jam!!  :cool:

Hey man, whatever it takes.  Changing your mind about coming? 

Actually, darn smartphone spellchecker :-[

560sdl

Blues Newbie
Fantastic........family,music and good summer weather. It doesnt get any better ( and the boat is A-OK)

Is that THE Stu Hamm??? The jams will be awesome.  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cheers

Steve

Yup, that Stu Hamm.  Just getting to know him after not seeing him since I was 8.  Not sure I am qualified to jam with him, but that is another dream!

Spencer

Blues Newbie
I'm jealous man. That's how you get your jam on. Sounds like the boat jam was pretty nice. Cool stuff.

gpower

Blues Junior
Sounds like an unbelieveable music month man! Looking forward to the vids of the jam, over here.

M

Micheal

see kids stay in school I can't even post with good grammer ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
Hey Alan,
   We be livin' the good life Brah  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ...
        From now on :
   LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL  ;)
        By-the-way : I would like to meet Miss Atlantic !!! ;)

T

tagruvto

Stu Hamm is an absolute monster on Bass!  I saw him playing with Joe Satriani way back when and he totally smoked!  You have one talented cousin.

G

Garymcm

Alan
Sound like a dream,
Winter here now and boating is definately not on the agenda for another few months, although I hope to go out for some snapper fishing when I slow down a bit at work (some nice 9kg fish availble on the inshore reefs in 18m of water).
with the party it sounds like you should invite Jimmy Buffet.
Have fun mate, good to hear the pirate episode is not a mememory.

Cheers
Gary

560sdl

Blues Newbie
And last night I recovered my very nice camera lost at last Thursday's gig!  Whoo Hooo! :) :)

One more day of work and leave 6am tomorrow for All Good Festival! :D :D :D :eek: :eek:

johnc

systematic
Ok I am envious Alan, that all sounds excellent to have so much going well and nice to hear.  Soak it up.
Wish I could be there at the end of the month too, but I will settle for some pics and feedback of the event.