Miscellaneous Show us your Guitar,Amp,Pedalboard

markintime

Blues Newbie
You will love it and I can't wait to see the pics, please. Which color/top did you go with?

Black/Grey is what I think they call it
Okay! That's actually the color of what I had and sold to get the 30th anniversary model. Mine was a bit on the dark side and it was hard to see the flame top so that was one reason why I switched. I was actually going to put those same pickups in it, but now I'm glad I found the one I got. Either way, these are great guitars.

Jacass

Blues Newbie
This just happened to show up on the doorstep today, much to my wife's surprise (well, not really).
VOX HDC77 semi hollow with the CoAxe PUPs.
First impression is very positive - I'll post a complete review after I've had a chance to wring it out.
It's used, but advertised as mint - and it really is mint.
That green case interior is killer!!
Tom

That is a nice looking guitar, and yea that green interior of the case is Bonnie.

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
I don't remember if I posted anything about this here yet… but I kinda sorta "finished" tonight so here it is. Still needs some set-up work but the basics are done.

star_8845_l.jpg

star_8852_l.jpg

star_8853_l.jpg

That would be a 6 string Fender Starcaster body (25.5" scale length) with a knock-off Dano 12 string neck (24.75" scale length) and an el cheapo ebay 12 string bridge.

That sounds like it would be a complete cluster but as it happens, the Starcaster doesn't use a "standard Fender" neck pocket, it's longer than normal. The shorter scale neck actually ended up compensating for the longer neck pocket, so no mods to the length were required. I thought there would be some tweaking needed , but length wise it was fine, only the width at the heel needed to be adjusted.

The bridge needed some playing with though. The new string anchor fit fine, but nothing on the 12 string bridge was compatible with the Starcaster bridge. I thought I'd have to make some 12 string saddles for the Starcaster bridge (Stew-Mac sells saddles with no slots in them, so you can file your own where you want them) but then I it occurred to me the post spacing was the same and the Starcaster posts were smaller than the 12 string's, so I simply made some bushings to take up the space.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Craig, that's awesome!  Before I read your description and just looking at the pictures, I was wondering if you had lost all sanity.  After reading it, I'm sure you have!  ;)

Great job on putting a combination together I would never in a million years consider.

How's the intonation?  It looks like that might be a bit difficult with that bridge.

Congratulations on another off the wall creation made to look simple.

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
Craig, that's awesome!  Before I read your description and just looking at the pictures, I was wondering if you had lost all sanity.  After reading it, I'm sure you have!  ;)

Great job on putting a combination together I would never in a million years consider.

How's the intonation?  It looks like that might be a bit difficult with that bridge.

Congratulations on another off the wall creation made to look simple.

Not crazy, just bored.  ;D

Intonation should be fine, only the high and low E are set for now. I did those two to se if it would even work before I got further along. I still have to finalize the string slots on the nut and set the intonation on everything else.

P.S. My boredom has pushed me back towards bikes recently so there won't be any more guitar projects for a while. I'm not going to join in on TDPRI's build challenge this year either. Deadline to enter is midnight tonight and I'm just not feeling it this year. I'd be better off spending that time practicing anyway!

Guitarinsight

Blues Newbie
Hey all. Newbie here. Actually just got my BBG in the mail yesterday. Haven't cracked it open yet due to work schedule but it's gonna happen!

Here's a not so great pic of my beauty. She sure is Purdy in real life! My next door neighbor who I play with calls it my "plank" because it is such a beefy guitar. To say that it is solid would be an understatement.  I also like the fact that the pickups are direct-mounted to the body. Just seems to add a little more...something!

Thx for indulging me  ;)

Michael Kelly Patriot Custom
Flame maple cap on a maple body
Set neck
Mahogany neck
Ebony fretboard
Abalone block inlays
Master volume
Master push-pull (coil tap) tone
3-way toggle
Pickups: Rockfield SWC
Grover tuners

Egnater Rebel 30
30-watt All-Tube 1x12" Combo

tschurrbgu

Blues Newbie
Well... I wanted to pick up an Epiphone Les Paul for an everyday player.  I was going back and forth between the 1960 Tribute Plus and the Standard Plustop PRO. 
I ordered the Plustop PRO from Sweetwater, but shortly thereafter cancelled the order. 
So, I took a ride out to the local Guitar Center and they had a 1960 Tribute for $350 on the used gear rack.  I assumed it was fairly new (but not the newest as it is doesn't have the flamed maple top).  I didn't have any serial number documentation to check, but for $350; I thought what the heck and bought it anyway.
After getting home with my new axe, I played it for an hour or so and really couldn't believe how well it played and how good it sounds.  I put some new strings on it, noodled around for another 20 minutes or so, put it on the stand and went to bed.
So today I decided to do some research on the serial number (always fun).  I believe this is a 2010 made in China.  The guitar is immaculate and shows almost no sign of being played.
As for cancelling my order with Sweetwater... seems like it worked out OK for me.  But I felt bad, so I ordered a Roland Blues Cube Stage from them instead  :D

I still can't believe how nice this guitar looks, feels and plays. In my hands and to my ears, it is every bit as nice as any of the Gibson's I have or have owned. My Epi ES-339, while nice and I enjoy dearly; does not have the same quality feel that my new to me Epi LP has (and I have Gibson '57 classics, a bone nut and fantastic setup on the ES-339).
Oh well, I am satisfied with my recent guitar purchase... and I guess that's all that counts  :)

markintime

Blues Newbie
One last GAS attack, or should I say seizure, resulted in the trigger being pulled. I swear, I couldn't help myself. But I think I'm over it now. I have to be, at least until the war chest gets a major infusion. And once again, Sweetwater rises to the occasion and this showed up on my doorstep:

S2013551-front-large_zpschqhgl1b.jpg

S2013551-angle-large_zpsratomul8.jpg

S2013551-backbody-large_zps1b1wsjov.jpg

Just one last shot without the protective plastic on the pickguard:

S2VelaBVM-large_zpsvrhq8iws.jpg

A PRS S2 Vela in Vintage Mahogany finish. Mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, Starla and Type-D pickups, PRS plate-style bridge for maximum sustain and twang, locking S2 Tuners offering easy string changes and tuning stability. Love the new shape and how it just melts against my body and the neck shape is a familiar one and makes for a happy left hand. Tone is great and has a neat single coil ring to it when the bridge is coil tapped and both pickups are engaged. Now that the doctor has given me the green light on my left hand, we are going to get very familiar with each other.

Oh, if anybody wants one, check it out here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/S2VelaBVM. You might even Sweet talk them into a bit of a price break. If you talk to Sean Geyer, tell him Mark sent ya.  ;)

Mark from Murrieta

Blues Junior
My homemade board

Hi Guys,

I made this back in 1980'ish. I built the box out of plywood, built up a very heavy duty 9V power supply using used parts when Fry's used to have an outdoor flea market. The power cable can be attached to either side and the 1/4" in and out jacks are on both sides as well.

The bottom units; Tuner, Comp, OCD, Super Octave and Ibanez EQ go to the front of the amp.

The top row; MXR Phase 100, Ibanez Chorus, Ibanez Auto Filter, Ibanez Delay 2 and the Volume pedal route to the Effects Loop on the 1984 Fender Concert 2 - 10's / 60 watt (by Rivera).

This amp gets no love; the clean side is wonderful, the gain side is pretty awful but, if you take the time to match it up, you can use that as a boost when needed. The OCD takes care of the dirt in any case.

All the Ibanez's, the MXR and the Vol pedal were bought back in the very early '80's.

If needed, I have a TC VoiceTone H1 and a JamMan Solo.

This thing in bullet proof, never an issue other than cleaning the pots from time to time. It's pretty weighty but it's protected.

Jerry_G

Blues Newbie
I presently own a Fender Blues Junior (model with the Jensen speaker) and a Fender '65 Princeton Reissue.  My question for the forum is does anybody own or has played a Carr Skylark?  They sound really good on the YouTube videos and would seem to fit the bill as far as practice amp that can get a great overdriven sound at low volume.   Nobody in town (Sacramento) sells them so all I have to go on is what I see/hear on the internet.  They are a big chunk of change though so it would be nice to hear from somebody out there that has some experience with one. 

steve w

Nottinghamshire, UK
Well I got me a new guitar today, got a fantastic deal from Richtone in Sheffield. A Gibson Les Paul Traditional in Honeyburst.
I've dreamt of owning one since the 70's after seeing Brian Robertson, Scott Gorham and then Gary Moore in Thin Lizzy.
Been saving up a while now and at last here it is.