The Griff Hamlin Band @ Fine Arts On Main

david moon

Attempting the Blues
That was some good stuff. I miss the horns. The new drummer and keyboardist are quite good. Just curious how did atendance and audience response compare with the other acts on offer.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
The keyboard was good but seemed like too loud or maybe guitar volume needed up some more maybe? Thanks for posting!!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
That was some good stuff. I miss the horns. The new drummer and keyboardist are quite good. Just curious how did atendance and audience response compare with the other acts on offer.
From what I saw, overall the event was poorly attended. Griff was the headliner, but he didn't go on till 10 pm on a cold night, so his attendance was sparse. I only caught bits of two earlier bands and they were 20 something hot messes. The audience was pretty much all 20 somethings, that apparently like bands whose vocals are buried behind a wall of unintelligible guitar loudness.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind loud if it CLEAR and loud. WAYYY too much bass eq'd into the guitars & vocals.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
The keyboard was good but seemed like too loud or maybe guitar volume needed up some more maybe? Thanks for posting!!
Yeah the sound guy just didn't seem to care about his job. Laura had a word with him/her and in the later videos things evened out.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
@MikeS were some of the play list intentionaly not made into links? See list below for ones without a link.
Fire
LaGrange
Tore Down
I was going to delete this post because I fixed them in the sticky thread that MikeR had at the top, but thanks for the heads up all the same. I fixed this one too

david moon

Attempting the Blues
From what I saw, overall the event was poorly attended. Griff was the headliner, but he didn't go on till 10 pm on a cold night, so his attendance was sparse. I only caught bits of two earlier bands and they were 20 something hot messes. The audience was pretty much all 20 somethings, that apparently like bands whose vocals are buried behind a wall of unintelligible guitar loudness.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind loud if it CLEAR and loud. WAYYY too much bass eq'd into the guitars & vocals.
yeah I don't know why the kick drum has to sound like a kick to the stomach.

Greg C

Blues Newbie
Thanks for posting these! It seem unlikely that I would ever be able to see Griff live being up in Michigan.