Latin Blues in Am

Simone

Blues Newbie
Hello from Spain fellow BGU-folks......Hello and for those of you out in USA (the vast majority I assume) happy Thanksgiving.

So, after going through some of the BGU courses and after many daily videos from Griff I've decided to put to practice some of the licks & tricks I've studing.

Pretty basic an simple solo but I've decided to try it on a slightly different tune. It's a very basic Latin Blues, the progression is simply Am D throughtout the entire song.

Let me know your thoughts....please be honest but not rude ;-)

Thanks Everybody

Simone

Blues Newbie
Very nicely done! It was very relaxing. May I ask where you obtained the backing track? That would be fun to use.

By the way, my wife (Enriqueta - AKA - Katy) is from Peru, and her family is from Spain. I am from San Fracisco, California.

The Blues in Spain | Blues Guitar Unleashed Member Forum

Keep up the good work! :):cool::Beer:

Tom

Thanks for the nice words Tom,

had not seen the post you linked, nice one....Thanks!
About the backing track I found it on Youtube, Copright of Sebastien Zunino but you can use for personal use provided you don't make money out of it. Will look for it again and share the link

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Wow! I did not realize that you were playing left handed! Your playing allowed me to enjoy the music and not realize the details! :)

In Catholic School, the nun would hit my friend Carol, from the time she was 5 years old, using a 12 inch ruler, across the back of the hands if she dared to use her left hand to pick up a pencil. :cry: The nun would then emit these words: "The left hand is the hand of the devil! The devil is on your left side and your Guardian Angel is on your right"! Need I say that Carol was left handed, and grew up doing very well? The nun is long gone.

Go for the Gold, Simone"! :cool:

Tom

Simone

Blues Newbie
Wow! I did not realize that you were playing left handed! Your playing allowed me to enjoy the music and not realize the details! :)

In Catholic School, the nun would hit my friend Carol, from the time she was 5 years old, using a 12 inch ruler, across the back of the hands if she dared to use her left hand to pick up a pencil. :cry: The nun would then emit these words: "The left hand is the hand of the devil! The devil is on your left side and your Guardian Angel is on your right"! Need I say that Carol was left handed, and grew up doing very well? The nun is long gone.

Go for the Gold, Simone"! :cool:

Tom

Thanks Tom,

That's how it used to be.... Myself as a kid was "corrected", not because the left is the devil side but rather cause being left handed was seen as sort of wrong, uncool.

As a result now I write with my right hand but still left-handed for some other things, like using knife and fork or playing guitar

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Wow, really nice playing! There's a definite Santana feel to it. I may need to grab that backing track to practice with my congas :cool:

RickRussell

El Kabong
Hello from Spain fellow BGU-folks......Hello and for those of you out in USA (the vast majority I assume) happy Thanksgiving.

So, after going through some of the BGU courses and after many daily videos from Griff I've decided to put to practice some of the licks & tricks I've studing.

Pretty basic an simple solo but I've decided to try it on a slightly different tune. It's a very basic Latin Blues, the progression is simply Am D throughtout the entire song.

Let me know your thoughts....please be honest but not rude ;-)

Thanks Everybody

I thought you did a great job. Repeating phrases, changing up the rhythm of notes, etc. Love that jam track too!