Drifted off away and gone (or what happened to lesson 15?)

Elwood

Blues
You gentlemen are very gracious, thank you!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

There it is, busted! (n) I am a nogoodnik student. :confused: I can't even play the first 12 clean and I have been sitting around "jamming" over that thump 1-4-5. I have 3 or 4 verses but after the second verse started I heard that gong and felt the hook dragging me away.:eek: I had to wrap it up after 2. (I think I had hit my daily limit for goobers on that track) That really is a fun thing to mess around with!!! After all these tries I still suffer from that "red light fever" that Papa speaks of now and then. Big time.

Listening to the hard work these folks are putting in, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:in this section of the forum :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: , mine kinda sticks out :whistle:. I'll just keep thumping. :D

I told my wife, when it is my time, I want that right thumb to be the last thing moving!!! :Beer:

Last edited:

Annie

On my way
Gee that was good Elwood. I didn't hear you banging on that guitar once. I like the sound of your guitar. I am looking for a new one and don't know where to start.

Elwood

Blues
upload_2021-5-14_15-10-24.png

Thanks Annie!!! Very kind! :Beer:

That guitar is magic! Taylor 522ce 12 fret, all mahogany - all mine. :love:
This one gets into me so bad that it gives me doubts about getting another. Why would I? If I like it more I may not play this as much. If I like it less, why bother? That is how much I love that particular guitar. Bought it sight unseen, an "old" performance x-brace with relief route model I got in brand new condition for under 2k. That is a ton of cash but I would trade 3k worth of guitars for it any day all day. Has not been in the case since I first took it out. My first 12 fretter. I am almost certain that if I got another guitar it would also be a slothead. You really should check into that 12 fret config with the playing you do, you would love each other. (if I would be of any help feel free to pm me)

FWIW, that was through garageband and I was lazy with the processing. It actually sounds a little funny to me. Here is another thing Annie, I am finding G-band is uber-easy to get some real entertaining tones going. All my acoustics sound great through that setup. For this track I went real lazy (folks not feeling well and chores backing up, life) and ran one channel of direct input from the es-2 on the guitar and a mic on the other. It sounds better with two mics. (and I have fairly cheap mics, one is a MXL 990 that I gutted the basket on and the other is my Sennheiser e845s that I got for what I refer to a singing) I'll show you on another track sometime how it sounds with both mics.

Now let's get on down to the challenge soon and stir the pot a little!!! Way too quiet in challenge land.

Last edited:

Annie

On my way
That guitar is magic! Taylor 522ce 12 fret, all mahogany - all mine. :love:

I would love to put that guitar on my wish list. My husband buys me some really nice guitars, but I have not been *that good of a girl.

Elwood

Blues
That's where the 314ce comes in. Tons of sweet used ones. Deals are out there. A simply wonderful guitar at home or under your arm anywhere. Easy playing, you bet!
My 522 is to small, too quiet, too much $$$ for any casual gig use (for me). Wonderful to have though, my daily driver at this time.

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
@Annie , this is an example of what I would call an interesting possibility. I love finding good deals on good deals.

Just fyi. 412 '93 - Dave's Guitar Shop (davesguitar.com)

Not ideal to me, but maybe the least attractive thing about it is the scale length. Short scale and light are two words I use for "comfortable" these days. :). Other than that, WOW!

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
You gentlemen are very gracious, thank you!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

There it is, busted! (n) I am a nogoodnik student. :confused: I can't even play the first 12 clean and I have been sitting around "jamming" over that thump 1-4-5. I have 3 or 4 verses but after the second verse started I heard that gong and felt the hook dragging me away.:eek: I had to wrap it up after 2. (I think I had hit my daily limit for goobers on that track) That really is a fun thing to mess around with!!! After all these tries I still suffer from that "red light fever" that Papa speaks of now and then. Big time.

Listening to the hard work these folks are putting in, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:in this section of the forum :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: , mine kinda sticks out :whistle:. I'll just keep thumping. :D

I told my wife, when it is my time, I want that right thumb to be the last thing moving!!! :Beer:
I thought it sounded very comfortable. and confident. The rhythm and thump was spot on. It might not be exactly to the tab, but it had the feel.

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Nope David. I believe those were "free range" thumps. As I said above...

"There it is, busted! (n) I am a nogoodnik student. :confused: I can't even play the first 12 clean and I have been sitting around "jamming" over that thump 1-4-5. I have 3 or 4 verses but after the second verse started I" - just winged it.

I read tab like my 3 yo grandson reads dinosaur books. I have some idea of what is going on and make up the rest.

Now my banjo exploits may force me to get better at reading tab. There is so much going on, so fast, at an odd gait (for most of us) that I have to do it -finger on the string - note by note - and then figure out how it goes. :)

On that recording the first pass through was like my ID check at the door, "yeah, it must be something like that tune, you can go on", the rest was what resulted after I got in to play the tune. Just noodling over what I learned from the lesson. Trying to use what I learn in "my" context.

(and it is all full of warts :) )

Cheers! :Beer:

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
no problem.Play what you feel. if somebody doesn't like it they can complain, But Normals are the overwhelming majority>

Elwood

Blues
I believe it was on this thread that we heard the latest from @Annie .

I thought of you a few times Annie. Aside from missing your playing and contributions I had a sort of similar experience. I drove up to park my f-150 in a parking lot next to one of those planters. I swung my door open and stuck my foot out, not paying attention. The door bounced off the plants and came back and smashed my left foot in the door. It folded my sneaker up with my foot in it like a big ol taco. I got out and was amazed, the foot was OK. Went shopping, home, no problem.
A few days after the event it started getting increasingly more sore until it grounded me. Well, a month later and only after I started staying off it, soaking, and ibuprofen it now gets healing. It did not help that I ran my RC truck into the same foot, hard, during this healing process.
So, as I was sitting there with my foot in a bucket and a guitar (or a something) in my lap, I started wondering "what about Annie? Sure hope she is OK! Maybe she'll drop in sometime."
Yes I did. :unsure: We are kinda like "smashed stuff in the door" buddies! :Beer:Be nice to hear from you (and hear you) sometime!

Last edited: