It would need to be country

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Over the years I have tried many times to come up with some original lyrics that aren't so incredibly stupid that everyone would laugh at them - every time an utter failure, so completely gave up.
Well, fast forward - after spending the last 9 months helping my 2 adult daughters find and buy houses, I have experienced so many incredibly stupid real world situations in the real estate market, that I have many little snippets of lyrics that might comprise a pretty funny song - at least to those that have real estate buying experience in today's crazy market and would understand the inside tongue in cheek jokes.
Problem is - it would have to be a country song.
Here's my title for the song that provides a hint of insight into what I'm saying.
"It's Got A South Facing Hog Barn"

Yes, those are unedited words lifted directly out of a local property listing. As it turned out, that south facing hog barn was more livable than the actual house on the property.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
You should definitely write it. It can't be any worse than the song David Allen Coe made famous (that's actually one of my fave country songs) and is a staple here in Tejas that has the verse that starts off "I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison..." That verse starts off at about 3:50 if you're not into listening to a little honkytonk goodness. :Beer:

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
As we are just putting our house on the market and looking for a new one, I would love to hear that. However not sure it would all translate across the pond. Not seen any hog barns, south facing or other, in any adds I'ved looked at. And lovely view here ususlly means the neighbours wall is more than 6 feet from you window:whistle:

cheers

Al.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
You should definitely write it. It can't be any worse than the song David Allen Coe made famous (that's actually one of my fave country songs) and is a staple here in Tejas that has the verse that starts off "I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison..." That verse starts off at about 3:50 if you're not into listening to a little honkytonk goodness. :Beer:

"The perfect country song"

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
"The perfect country song"
Written by "Steve Goodman and John Prine". Steve wrote the song "_ "Good morning America how are you, don't you know me I'm your native son, traveling on the City of New Orleans we'll be gone 500 miles when the day is done".
Steve wrote the 1st half of the song and John Prine the 2nd half.---"I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison".
"Got a south facing hog barn"---that would be a tough one.--Don't even know if my scrambled eggs could fill that bill.:unsure:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Written by "Steve Goodman and John Prine". Steve wrote the song "_ "Good morning America how are you, don't you know me I'm your native son, traveling on the City of New Orleans we'll be gone 500 miles when the day is done".
Steve wrote the 1st half of the song and John Prine the 2nd half.---"I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison".
"Got a south facing hog barn"---that would be a tough one.--Don't even know if my scrambled eggs could fill that bill.:unsure:

Interesting, I always thought City OF New Orleans was a Woodie Guthrie song.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Arlo Guthrie recorded it and so did Willie Nelson---Willie did it right after Steve died of brain cancer--(probably to help the family out with the royalties)--I forget which album it is on. But Steve wrote it. I got to meet him at a concert in Phoenix back in 72 or73 when he opened for John Prine---..Damn near got my ass kicked by the bouncer (big bad ass bouncer)--Steve told him "Hey he's alright leave him alone".. Whoooo