Cynicure

Blues Newbie
G'day everyone, from Cynicure, Down Unda!

The old-timers in this little club might recognize me from a few years ago... (aka 'Theseustoo'). I don't post much now as I don't need quite as much encouragement as I used to once upon a time and I don't wish to 'hog' all the lime-light...

However, I'm here today to post a little something which I hope will give a little encouragement to newer members. Also, I thought those of you who might recognize my name might also like to hear what I've been working on lately, so I added the latest blues solos I've learned to a video I made while paddling my kayak back from a moderately successful fishing trip on West Lakes, Adelaide, South Oz... So, without further ado, here is my video, entitled, "Back to the Boat-ramp Blues":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kZJf025Teo

I hope you all enjoy it... (and that you will forgive any minor errors you may notice!) I really like adding music (played by yours truly!) to my kayak fishing videos and plan to do more of it, so if you enjoy this, please 'like' and subscribe to my YT channel, and don't forget to hit the bell-shaped 'notification' icon to be automatically informed of any further videos I make as soon as they're posted.

NB: None of this would have been possible without the priceless tuition of our very own Griff Hamlin and his wonderful blues guitar courses, which I cannot recommend too highly! Many thanks, Griff! :D

'Bye for now,
Cynicure

PS: For best results watch in 'Full Screen', preferably on a big-screen TV! ;)

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Good to see you back in the forum! Please drop by more frequently.

Thanks PapaRaptor! I'll see what I can do... ;)

But summer's just about to start here in Oz, so I plan to be getting out on the water as much as I can! (Kayak fishing is the only exercise I've found that doesn't require two good legs!) But if I go up to Lake Bonney, or anywhere else that I need to camp overnight (or for a few days, even!) I always take a guitar with me! Even if it's just the acoustic.

Btw, if you check out the videos on my YT page (here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/user/theseustoo/videos ), you'll notice videos of me playing at the local Irish Club in Adelaide, SA... (sorry about the background noise in these vids... unavoidable 'cause I'm recording from an mp3 player in front of the audience; impossible to edit it out!) and if you scroll down a bit further, you'll see some video footage I shot of my very first 'official' blues jam at Girgarre Moosic Muster in Victoria... a 700 km drive from where I live in Sth Oz!

Plus some footage of some of the other acts performing at some of the 'walk-up' or 'open mic' sessions held in the Town Hall during the Girgarre muster... Must say that's a great fun weekend. And talk about value for money! Only A$70 for four days camping and that includes some meals, too. And, of course, the music is FREE!

In fact, it couldn't be more free! I started to practice my ukulele just outside my tent one morning (something I've taken up only about a year ago...) and within less than fifteen minutes had collected an entire band, including guitars, harmonica, violin, and an acoustic double bass, who just came along and started to jam! Way it oughta be! ALWAYS! :D Most of us got together and performed a couple of songs on stage at the Town Hall later that afternoon... :)

I've been to this little gathering of musos in Victoria for the past couple of years (it happens in January, around the hottest part of the year, here!) and even managed to get a little footage of me jamming in the local cricket club...

It'll give you an idea of how I spend my time since my accident... if I'm not actually attending such events, I'm planning for 'em!

But I'll try to drop by now and then... when I can! :D

Ciao for now!

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Pretty Cool!
You make that Kayak sound just like a guitar.
(y)

LOL! Yes, I did, didn't I? And not just ANY guitar either! I made it sound like a Gibson Les Paul Studio!

Must say though, that it got me some funny looks from passers by on the bank... AND other paddlers, too!

The secret's all in the way I use my paddle! Check out some of my other musical kayak fishing videos! And don't forget to 'like' and subscribe if you enjoy what you find on my YT Channel... :D

In case anyone else is interested in exploring my YT Channel, here's a link to my 'Videos' page, which has quite a few musical videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/theseustoo/videos