I’m baaaack!

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
After 15 days of no power and 38 days of no internet, I’m back.

Did y’all miss me?

The derecho passed through here on 9 August, with winds clocked at 141 mph. Lots of damage everywhere. Fortunately only one fatality. Well not too fortunate for him. He was hit by a tree while riding his bicycle when the storm kicked up.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Glad you're back and glad you weren't riding your bicycle in the wind with a sail....or wing as it may have turned out to be.
That's a lot of wind.

ervjohns

Blues Junior
So, do you have a generator? The worst part of a power outage when you have a well is not having water.

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
So, do you have a generator? The worst part of a power outage when you have a well is not having water.

No water, true, but also had to be careful of sewage. You see my septic system has an affluent pump to pump it uphill to the leach bed.

Yes, I do have a generator, but wasn’t wired to the pump. I hauled water from the creek to use to flush with. I hauled water from my grandson’s home for drinking.

Heck of It was finding gasoline. I had to drive 40 miles to buy gasoline for a week.

I didn’t have a transfer switch, so the well was wired. I had to put in a whole new service entrance because the old one was ripped off the house. I put in a transfer switch then.

Working was tough with no internet. I had to conserve data usage and connected with a hotspot on my phone three times a day.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
OH My:eek:
Glad you made it!
We got some of that here north of Chicago, power was out for half a day.

We installed a whole house generator 2 years ago.
Had a gasoline powered one when I relied on well & septic, now I'm on city water & sewer but, I decided to go with a natural gas gen just in case.