MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Hmmmn, I don't have a semi-hollow PRS . . . yet. :LOL:

Congrats Doug. That's a beauty!

Reactions: dvs

jammoore99

Blues Newbie
Congratulations on a great looking guitar. I'm sure it will be everything you expect it will be. Where would we be without enablers? Enjoy and have fun.

Reactions: dvs

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Actually it's a true hollow body.
Instead of a full-length center block, they use a single block of wood big enough to anchor the bridge and tailpiece leaving the rest of the body hollow.

This allows for a solid-body style bridge and tailpiece instead of a trapeze tailpiece and a floating bridge.

I love the way they think! :Beer:

Slofinger

Blues Junior
Very nice. I am always a big fan of tobacco sunburst. I might have kept the PRS I just bought if it had been that one. I bought a new 2020 SE Custom 24 for $490. Couldn’t pass it up at that cost. Since I bought it on eBay I was apprehensive until I got it. It was flawless. Everything about it was top quality. However, I just could not bond with the pickups. With my arthritic hands, a thicker neck is more comfortable to play, and this neck just didn’t work for me. Being a brutal picker, I kept hitting the volume knob as it is similar to a Strat position. And I kept stepping on the cord. It seems to be a little more forward than say my Les Paul. After playing it for a couple of days I realized my Les Paul and Flying V I made are my go to guitars. I did scratch the itch though and I’m glad I did. It really is a fine instrument, just not for me. A friend of mine said He might want to buy it. Since he’s had 3 or 4 days now I’m thinking he wants it.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Slofinger, I hope your friend decides to buy your SE Custom 24. I could not bond with the pickups in mine either ... they are decidedly leaning towards classic rock. Oh, I could play blues with them OK but they were just too "hot" and I swapped them out for a set of Bare Knuckle pickups ... which added $300.00 to "the deal". Now I am exceedingly happy with it. I have a light touch and have never had a problem bumping volume knobs on anything. The neck position isn't quite as "deep sounding" as the neck position on a Les Paul due to the 24 frets forcing its location to be a bit closer to the bridge, but it is a very satisfying guitar nonetheless. I will say that the SE build quality is as good or better than any Gibson I have ever picked up regardless of price.