Welcome to BCBs lounge act (an original) Can't miss my train.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
https://soundcloud.com/blackcoffeeblues/cant-miss-my-train

Sit back order yourself a Martini or Latte---and chat with the girls from the office. :)
I wrote this song quite a while back---originally I had planned to do it Delta Blues style but after a few takes
I felt it was DRY---so I kicked it up a notch or 10...My band does most of it, all I do is sit in with them and strum a few cords--and sing.----I don't think I ever heard anything along this line here on OMR--so look out.
Hope you find it a little unique.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Yippy!
A nice new song.

Band sounds good:)

Kinda reminds me of a BIG BAND sound from the 40's.
Love lyrics that tell a story or paint a picture.

I can almost see you gett'n on that train and moving right up in the front window(y)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I can almost see you
In a Baby Blue velour suit, with a Dark Blue waist Band, Shark Skin Shirt, Plum colored silk BOW-TIE, Patent Leather Chucka Boots.
plus a half can of hair spray on my slicked back dyed hair..:cool: (oh how great the days were back then early 60s)

A "Big Band" is exactly the sound track I used- all I had to do was change the key--tempo----and chord progression.
I tried to EQ it and add effects---but after 2 hours I just said "Screw it they won't hang me"---(maybe) Later Cpn.. Edit: you are always a inspiration.

Last edited:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
BCB
I like it... I may order another beverage and wait for the encore! You really fit right into the track.

Dig the lyrics too, not something I have been able to do.

How'd you make the track? Is this a BGU track?

Bottom line I like it! Super job.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
JM---No it is not a BGU track-I have close to 200 tracks I can drift through (I have had them since the early 90s they are on ROM cards)---once I get a beat I dig, then I isolate the parameters --Then change tempo -key- and the chord progression-(this was a easy one) all I had to do was create a 12 bar blues progression then loop it back changing the volume of each instruments with the faders as I felt fit on my Zoom R-16.I have had to program as many as 60 chord changes on a couple songs :eek:.. Tanks for your like..

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Moody stuff Dave. Great story. Very nice sir.(y)(y) Great to hear dulcet tones again. I would love to hear you play a slightly more bluesy version of that without the band.:) Just you fingerpicking that old guitar and singing at the same time.

I didn't have a latte as I'm heading to bed shortly, but I shall raise one to you in the morning.:Beer: Well done Dave.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Moody stuff Dave. Great story. Very nice sir.(y)(y) Great to hear dulcet tones again. I would love to hear you play a slightly more bluesy version of that without the band
I doubt that will ever happen-usually once I put a song on a recording I am done with it. But I will keep it in mind as a maybe.. Thanks:Beer:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I've said it before... You just have a way with painting word pictures that make it so easy to see. Another winner! Glad you stopped pumping concrete and came back to writing and singing.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
JM---No it is not a BGU track-I have close to 200 tracks I can drift through (I have had them since the early 90s they are on ROM cards)---once I get a beat I dig, then I isolate the parameters --Then change tempo -key- and the chord progression-(this was a easy one) all I had to do was create a 12 bar blues progression then loop it back changing the volume of each instruments with the faders as I felt fit on my Zoom R-16.I have had to program as many as 60 chord changes on a couple songs :eek:.. Tanks for your like..

Sounds like a great system you have there. So your backing have individual tracks included for each instrument? That's awesome. What an awesome band!!! ;-)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
individual tracks in
That,s not quite how it works----there are only 3 tracks---A drum track----a bass track----and the instrumental track which can vary from horns-
key boards or both. The drum track cannot be changed except for tempo---the bass which is included in the drum section can be played from
from OFF--one low volume--two medium volume-3 loudest----the instruments can be done the same as the bass--off- low-medium-loud.
The hardest part is to find a drum and bass pattern off of the ROM cards or one of the tracks built into it.that will last four bars---once you get that you might be in business.
There is a change "Tempo" knob that you can speed it up or slow it down.----then there is A "CHORD SELECTOR) which you can change the chords to the song, to any chord you want----majors--minors-flats -7ths--13ths-9ths---and any other chord you can play on a guitar. That's where the progamming starts by entering whatever chord you want where you want it.----it can be very time consuming.--It takes a little patience at first but once you catch on it is not real hard. I used a Kawaii GB-2---on that one and it all ready has 48 tracks built in too it Plus I can use my ROM cards. I also have a GB-4 which is far superior over the GB-2. It has 100 tracks built in---plus it uses the same ROM cards as the GB-2.
It has 5 levels of volumes per track and comes with 2 guitars built into the tracks--one rythem-one lead--the sound engine is a lot more real sounding than the GB-2. I would not advise any body too buy one----they quit making them about 30 years ago and probably don't work right anymore, my GB-2 won't let me delete user projects any more but at least it has not aborted what I got in it.

Elwood-Papa_Steve Thanks glad you liked it.
And a little message to Many Moons----When I was playing it slow blues sad style---I got to thinking---this guy ain't sad, he worked all his life
waiting on that train and it's about there----He is Happy--not SAD---so I livened it up some to make it a happy song instead of a sad song-- I hate sad songs
Later