A good movie even your wife will like.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
"The Sapphires"----it is on Netflix. I was down stairs working---and Sharon turned it on---I kept walking up the steps to catch up on it----finally I just gave up and watched it. It is a little more "Girly" than I like but it was good----. a good story about music. Later.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
It was a good movie----It is a movie about the first "ABORIGINAL AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK" sisters that made it to the top.
One of those FEEL GOOD movies with a good ending And where you can go if you have the desire. It is a true story.
They did a tour in Viet-Nam in 1968. It really is good-I am sure Maggie would love it.
By the way----the transition was not that hard.----but I do miss looking out at my driveway and "SUSIE"
ain't there----I got to go now I am starting to tear up--:cry:-:D:Beer::ROFLMAO:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
By the way----the transition was not that hard.----but I do miss looking out at my driveway and "SUSIE"
ain't there----I got to go now I am starting to tear up
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Now that you mention what it's about, I actually saw that movie some time ago, and it was a good movie.:)

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
The Sapphires is one of our favourite movies here in this house. While we're at it, another feel-good Aussie movie worth checking out is "The Dish", and NO, it's not about a cute chick :)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
The Sapphires is one of our favourite movies here in this house. While we're at it, another feel-good Aussie movie worth checking out is "The Dish", and NO, it's not about a cute chick :)

@burlew told me about "The Dish" a month or so ago, but I couldn't find it on any services. Is it on Netflix now? I'll have to look again.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Any movie with Chris O'Doud is usually worth checking out. Some of his British TV series work is pretty funny.

@burlew told me about "The Dish" a month or so ago, but I couldn't find it on any services. Is it on Netflix now? I'll have to look again.

The Dish is a good movie. It's on Amazon Prime right now.

Elwood

Blues
Just saw one called "Yesterday". I believe it was made in 2018 and I can't name one of the actors. A (chick flick) romance with a sort of a sci-fi music twist...A striving balladeer crashes his bike into a bus, there is a brief global power outage, and after recovering he discovers everyone appears to have no knowledge of The Beatles among other things. He sets out on the world singing Beatles covers and who knows what happens?
Does he end up with the girl, or fortune and fame? Does he get busted for being a schmuck acting like he did a bunch of stuff he didn't? I ain't tellin. :whistle::p

I have to admit I didn't mind it (not saying it's "good"), and if you don't like it much I bet your sweetie will.

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
Saw "Yesterday" at the movies (pre-covid era). As a die-hard The Beatles fan, the movie amused me more than anything else. I can't imagine what music would be like today if the fab four had not come into being.