Well, COVID 19

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
So glad you're feeling better Mark. Like you said, it seems to be different for everyone, with no particular rhyme or reason. Get better and we'll be jamming again one of these days.

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Our men's group leader and his wife just came down with it also. My child starts school next week. How fun will that game of chance be. Trusting in the Lord .

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Glad to hear you are doing so well Mark.

I want to commend you for a couple of things. First, you followed doctor orders and second, you quarantined yourself for 2 weeks and 3, you continue to practice safe COVID-19 protocols. If EVERYBODY did that, we (as a nation) wouldn't be up the crick, like we are.

Here is a view, a bit different from Mark. My daughter is 33 and auto-immune compromised from 15+ plus years of suffering from RSD/CRPS. She wasn't feeling well around end of March/beginning of April. Then, she felt like she got hit by a freight train. Called the doc on two different occasions, and they told her to get tested for C-19. Both times, she came back negative. Both tests were Abbott tests, which have notoriety for false negatives/positives....roughly 33% of the time. She came oh-so close to going to the hospital, but she toughed it out, quarantined herself and her partner for a month and is now ok. As to why she toughed it out........her RSD/CRPS is a rare condition, most med profs are somewhat clueless about how to handle it, and experience has taught her that med staff who aren't familiar with her condition will most assuredly make it worse. Sad to say.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I'm happy to hear you're symptoms are bearable Mark.
Also glad to hear your daughter has recovered piebaldpython.
As to the hysteria, blame the media. Not to minimize the seriousness of the virus, people have died, but I remember when Tom Hanks and his wife tested positive, "Hanks, 63, confirmed the news on his Instagram page last night after both himself and Wilson, also 63, were displaying flu-like symptoms.", while headlines read "fighting for their lives".

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Glad to hear you are doing so well Mark.

I want to commend you for a couple of things. First, you followed doctor orders and second, you quarantined yourself for 2 weeks and 3, you continue to practice safe COVID-19 protocols. If EVERYBODY did that, we (as a nation) wouldn't be up the crick, like we are.

Here is a view, a bit different from Mark. My daughter is 33 and auto-immune compromised from 15+ plus years of suffering from RSD/CRPS. She wasn't feeling well around end of March/beginning of April. Then, she felt like she got hit by a freight train. Called the doc on two different occasions, and they told her to get tested for C-19. Both times, she came back negative. Both tests were Abbott tests, which have notoriety for false negatives/positives....roughly 33% of the time. She came oh-so close to going to the hospital, but she toughed it out, quarantined herself and her partner for a month and is now ok. As to why she toughed it out........her RSD/CRPS is a rare condition, most med profs are somewhat clueless about how to handle it, and experience has taught her that med staff who aren't familiar with her condition will most assuredly make it worse. Sad to say.
Best wishes for her...............its good she already knows herself and knows how to take precautions. Thats why I added the disclaimer that I am fairly healthy, and hopefully people understand there is a difference in people with an underlying condition. Not to mention pain level tolerance.

Best wishes she continues recovery

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Been out of town---had not read this--may the Lord be with you and all. It is scary out there right now....all you can do ,is the best you can.
After that you are at the mercy.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Good luck and speedy recovery man. I have taken onboard your comments on eating healthier. I do try but the will is week.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
DON'T BREATHE ON YOUR INTERNET! :eek::ROFLMAO:
I am 72 with diabetes, so I am a little worried and haven't hardly left the house since it all started. Getting REALLY stir-crazy!

I hear ya Jim. Fortunately you can grab a bag of beef jerky, a bottle of water and get on your motorcycle for a couple of hours and don't stop anywhere where there's anybody. I'm pretty sure there are at least a stream or a river somewhere in Idaho. Your guitars will be waiting when you get back with your new inspiration.
Hey, it works for me....shrug-smiley.png

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I hear ya Jim. Fortunately you can grab a bag of beef jerky, a bottle of water and get on your motorcycle for a couple of hours and don't stop anywhere where there's anybody. I'm pretty sure there are at least a stream or a river somewhere in Idaho. Your guitars will be waiting when you get back with your new inspiration.
Hey, it works for me....View attachment 12258
Well, my dentures just won't handle beef jerky. Well, maybe they would if I put them in with JB Weld. But yes, there are some very nice rivers and streams here in Ideehoho.