Anyone has the Fender Fuse install program?

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
getting a new computer for the music room and I went to download Fender Fuse for my Mustang v2 and discovered it is no longer supported (as of last week!)
They won't even offer a download for it, and I usually save installers like that but for some reason can't find it around my previous harddrive, just the installed program

Does anyone have a copy they can shoot my way or a working download link?

I know it's old but it was still working for me on the previous computer

ronico

rainyislandblues
Hi Two Notes. I may have it. There's an EXE Fuse file on my Windows 10 desktop that might be it but I'm a moron around a 'puter. Pm me your Email and MAYBE I can figure out how to send it. Or maybe Arty will chime in. I think he has a Mustang 3 and is ,for sure more techy than me! My Fuse still works but not really the community stuff(which I didn't use anyway). Fortunately everything migrated the switch from Win7 to Win 10. Bit of a frost they let it go but not going there today(n)

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I've got the 2.7.1 install file if Ronico can't find it. Same deal, pm me and we can work out getting it to you.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
ah, email won;t work then. at that weight it probably has the silverlight installer included
do you have dropbox or similar?

ronico

rainyislandblues
No dropbox for me. Didn't realize Email had a size limit? Also just checked. My version is a 2.6.???something so Snarf's version must be newer. Mine came with an MIIIv1, although I think I probably updated the version on the amp in one of those fleeting "capable" moments:notworthy:

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
A recent video from those nice chaps at Andertons on the new Mustang (GTX or whatever it is). They mentioned that the new app created for the new amp has extra stuff in it and is easier to use. They also said it is backwards compatable with all the old Mustangs so my be why they have discontinued fuse. May be worth downloading it and giving it a whirl.

cheers

Al.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Any link to the new one? Everything I've read is that it's not compatible with v1 and v2, adn the fender page fuse does not redirect you to anything else.
I thought the new app only worked over Bluetooth?

Edit: I looked on the Fender website, looks like the Mustang GTX series are controlled by an Android or iPhone app called "Tone" and it talks to the amps over Bluetooth. so when they say "older models", they mean last year's GTX, not the (gasp!) 5-year-old Mustang v2

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
ah, email won;t work then. at that weight it probably has the silverlight installer included
do you have dropbox or similar?

If you haven't figured out sending the file yet, try https://wetransfer.com/

Really simple, I don't think there is any file size limitation and free. I've used it on several occasions for some huge video files and it worked slick

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Thanks for the help everyone! I'm not a my computer right now (family time) but I now have several download sources from several of you wonderful people
I will make sure it installs later tonight

artyman

Fareham UK
I have the Fuse 2.7.1 EXE file and its 320MB let me know if you need it, I had it marked for deleting but not got round to my Hard Drive tidy session, having heard it's discontinued I'll keep it !

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
all good, thanks all. Silverlight installed fine on Windows 10. Fuse seems to work. The community feature is disabled but that's ok

Screw you Fender:
Fender Tone apps are not backwards compatible with these products at this time. For best results, we recommend upgrading to a Mustang GT series amp.

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
I had a Mustang way back when and sold it in favor of a G-DEC. I'm guessing I'm REALLY screwed when it comes to any kind of support! They dropped the G-DEC line years ago, not sure why, I like mine more than I did my Mustang (Obviously).

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
getting a new computer for the music room and I went to download Fender Fuse for my Mustang v2 and discovered it is no longer supported (as of last week!)
They won't even offer a download for it, and I usually save installers like that but for some reason can't find it around my previous harddrive, just the installed program

Does anyone have a copy they can shoot my way or a working download link?

I know it's old but it was still working for me on the previous computer

Here you go!!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D3p6k1dic-c9HeX-7_1cpTSDNzdQnaxW

ronico

rainyislandblues
Went to check things out on the Fender Forum. Seems they shut it down? More of Fender's idea of customer support, something to keep in mind when I'm shopping. To be sure I won't be buying anything that requires a Fender "app" ever again(n)(n)(n) Any way glad you got it up and running Two Notes. Bought a used MVv2 head (used) last year and was a bit worried about Fuse interaction but all seems to be fine

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
To be sure I won't be buying anything that requires a Fender "app" ever again(n)(n)(n)
I've known for a while that they were sunsetting Fuse, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I have a Super Champ X2, and it's a great little amp. After your comment, I decided to see what Fender has to say about that amp since they still make and sell it. You can run it as a regular tube amp or, using Fuse, you can go in and make changes to some of the parameters. Included in those parameters is a Mid tone control that there isn't a knob for on the face of the amp. They used to talk about that feature on the web site. "Internal mid control" or something is what they called it. They've removed any reference to it.

Although I haven't used it with the amp, I also have a GDEC that I use all the time for playing jam tracks. Since they have done away with Fuse, I guess it's a good thing I've never really utilized that amp for actually plugging a guitar into. However, I also have a Mustang Floor that I use for the occasional church gig that I use Fuse for pretty heavily. With 2 amps and the Floor, I'd say I'm pretty heavily invested in needing Fuse. I don't believe that Fender has ever come up with an alternative to the Floor, but, if they do, since their tech seems to have a really short shelf-life, I guess I'll go with one of the FlyRigs or something instead.

I'm with you. If/when I buy another amp from Fender, the availability of lack or an app to go with it won't be a consideration unless the app is needed to use the amp, and, if it is required, I won't be getting that amp. It seems that Fender doesn't really stick with any of their products that use forward-thinking tech. The VG Strat was only made for a couple of years I believe. Then they came out with that Strat that used the personality cards or whatever they were called. I'm not sure those lasted a full year before you never heard about them anymore. I think Fuse lasted all of 7 years (2012 - 2019).

I'm not going to theorize as to why Fender doesn't stick with new tech. It most cases, it could be that the market is just not there since guitar players at large seem to think older gear is better than anything new. In the case of Fuse, Silverlight's sunset is next year, so I'm guessing that they just decided not to pursue it anymore. I wish they would've thought about making something that would be backwards compatible for the generation of amps that aren't even 10 years old yet rather than just leaving us high and dry But I guess that's one of the frustrations with most tech these days...buy the latest greatest today and it's practically obsolete tomorrow.

Went to check things out on the Fender Forum. Seems they shut it down?
This is what I find the most odd. I've never been active on their forum, but I'd hit it once or twice a month just to read some of what was there. Oddly enough, it never was a really active forum. But, like you said, I can't find it anymore. The couple of threads that I had saved for informational purposes, when I click my links to them, aren't there anymore. Strange. Doing a little more digging, I found this page. It's what used to be the main forum page, and basically just says they decided to go another direction. I also noticed that they've added SnapChat, Pinterest, and Tumblr to their social media. From what I understand from those that used to use them, Pinterest and Tumblr are both as relevant as MySpace...pretty much dead at this point. Kind of makes me wonder who's running their social media department.

ronico

rainyislandblues
Thanx for the good intel Snarf. So if Silverlight sunsets where does that leave us suckers? I wasn't a Fender forum member but it was an awesome archive of customer experience and really helpful info, no thanks to Fender. It's like a cover up or commercial weaponization of public info but to be sure Fender will claim ownership! Screw Fender! Now let me tell ya how I really feel...….BTW Snarf I got an older used Flyrig5 and it rocks! Think Cowboy may have done a review a while back.

artyman

Fareham UK
Just had a look at that page and it's totally blank. The forum must have disappeared fairly recently as I think I was looking at it a while ago, I was contemplating getting a new Mustang GTX, but with 'Apple' like forced obsolescence perhaps I'll think about something else. Sorry Fender you just lost a sale.

Elwood

Blues
Glad I saw this thread so I knew to save a copy of the fuse SW. (y)

I like my Superchamp 2 just fine. I put a broken in Ragin Cajun in it and some Ruby tubes, bias is right on. It's fine for me.

I bought the amp without consideration of the Fuse software. That I like it was just a big surprise and bonus for me. I use it all the time for storing amp sim pre-sets and pedal sims. I do not use any of the connectivity features other than the amp to the computer so the support, or lack of it, is of no matter to me. It is stable software. I had to look up "silverlight", so that won't bother me too much either.

Anyway, I'm just fine happy with my little amp, not mad at Fender, and appreciate the heads up on the software. :Beer: