Funky in Eb

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Two things I rarely do......., play in Eb & Funky style. So I challenged myself to this conglomerate. Rather than bother @PapaRaptor, I played the bass, and it hurt!!!!!:cry: It took me about ten takes to get it anywhere near right, and my left hand was aching!!!:mad::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So I only did 24 bars then looped it.:D Take 24 bars each and have yourselves some fun.:)

I took it to 1.05

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ubkxw30tz46z004/Funky in Eb-MM.mp3?dl=0

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
***RECORDING***

You're making it tough on us MM! I don't think that I have ever played to an Eb jam track. We play in E so often that it is hard to keep the left hand from gravitating to those regular E positions. I took 24 bars (or did 24 bars take me???). In from 1:05 - 2:08.

Next...:whistle:

Funky Eb-MM-TZ

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Take 24 bars each and have yourselves some fun.

OK, thanks!!! Trying out @PapaRaptor template again, no problemo! :thumbup: Yesterday my concern was mapping my inputs to have guitar into 1 with other inputs occupied but disarmed. I seemed to be getting lots of cross talk but today works good? FM? The template idea is great Papa! :thumbup: Obviously a general time saver for my repetitive configurations. Duh. Thank you! :Beer:

More firsts! I used the Emperor's new amp! Yep! I did it. I used one of the Ampeg SVT sims from plugin alliance (but it looks like they only give you a 14 day trial in the plug in pkg, rats!). Anyway I must admit it was kinda fun! It looks like you get one "Ampire" amp, oh well.

MM & TZ, you guys both do great - in such different ways! Moto you wah'ed and fuzzed all over the place! Paleo you sounded great, I hope you continue to do so!

Here ya go

edit: changed posted file to re-fx'ed version, no changes to performance or length.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/iq6a7f32el9d1f7/funky eb_mm-tz-moto-leo-ew-3(2).mp3?dl=0

This is skinny from 5:16 to 6:20.

Still room for a nice ending for someone to do! (y)

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Thanks Moto, messin with the new toys. First time I ever played right off the top of the neck. Since we are in Eb I was able to grab that high D and give it a bend, fun! I failed to capture the "funky" feel though.

Elwood

Blues
Nice ending @MikeS !!! (y)You are smoothing right into it well! :thumbup:
I believe you applied this fine ending to an unintended track thread though.:eek:

Elwood

Blues
Hey @MikeS, take a listen to this post. I believe you added it to an unintended track.

When you get ready to export (or render or whatever it is called in your DAW) check your "begin" and "end" track markers. At least in S1 these set the limits for what is being exported also. If you have the markers set to the section you are playing on and forget to open them back up to full track, the result will be truncated.
After making this error this a few times I try to listen to what I actually post and check the run time on the track. I have caught myself a few times that way.
Nice playing!