When one door closes....

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
A few weeks ago I broke my left thumb. So playing became to painful. I have had to endure injuries before so I was prepared. First I just listened to a lot of music. Then I reviewed my courses. Then soon as I could play for a few minutes, I would just do spider exercises. and gradually played longer and so on. Then it was time to get serious again. So I took some beginner blues course from Fender and started at the beginning. The big payback was that I found out that I was getting sloppy with my playing. Took the time to slow down and do it right this time. I would say that my playing and coincidence has greatly improved. I have been with Griff for a long time and have learned (and am always learning more) a lot. The Fender course just gave a different perspective and made some of the things Griff taught clearer for me. So as I stay safe I play this really nice Taylor guitar my wife bought me.

Stay Safe Everyone, stay connected electronically and play at full volume, OK maybe not full volume.

:Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Glad to hear you're recovering from the broken thumb. Man, you have to take care of those digits!

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
I've spent the last few months on Fender's Rock path. Gotta hand it to them, they've put a lot into this site, and it shows.
It got me playing quite a few fun rock songs in pretty short time.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I've spent the last few months on Fender's Rock path. Gotta hand it to them, they've put a lot into this site, and it shows.
It got me playing quite a few fun rock songs in pretty short time.

Damn. I've been ignoring those daily emails. Now I'm gonna have to take a look.
Thanks for the review though. :cool:

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
Not sure if the offer is still open, but a few days ago I saw a special promo saying 3 months of Fender Play for free to first 100,000..... Good offer!

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Thanks for the feed back everyone. I really subscribe to the going back and reviewing (as does others on the forum, including Griff). I really picked up a lot of hints and understanding of how music is created by this process. BTW, I am only on track 2 of 5. In this path there are complete songs with intro, turnaround, etc. For example, "Hey Joe", "It hurts me to", exercises and so on. Each section is done in small chunks and build from there much likeGriff, just a different presentation.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Ouch! I can't imagine playing with a not fully recovered broken thumb... wait I can't even imagine what a broken thumb feels like... You are showing some real determination. Good luck with your healing and getting back to full strength!

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Chris I broke the thumb right at the joint next to my palm. Any pressure at first really hurt with the bruising and swelling. But I can play some now.As an aside the fender course is not as comprehensive as BBG. I would say that one should do BBG first then the fender to get new ideas and perspectives.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I am assuming that your left hand is your fretting hand and wondering is if playing slide for a while might be helpful.

Either way good luck... heal fast.

ronico

rainyislandblues
Would like to say thumbs up on your recovery LL but maybe ya oughta keep them tucked safely away for a bit. Kinda like breaking a toe, pat on the head, kind smile and a Tylenol3. Glad you're on the mend!:Beer::Beer::Beer: