Passing Thru

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
You are churning out the songs now Dave!!! The shoulder is obviously getting better.(y) Enjoyed that. Definitely made me feel good.:) Who did the backing vocals?

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Who did the backing vocals?
Me.---Thanks. Considering I have been 1st laid up with a bad neck and shoulder by the time that got healed up the virus came---I ain't got nuttin' to do so I figured I would just BUG THE CRAP out of you guys---My ole lady sure thanks you guys. :) Gives her a break. I heard her talking to one of her friends on the phone the other---"that virus ain't gonna kill me, putting up with David is". and that's the truth.:)

Elwood

Blues
Good one! (y)(y)(y) All you guys are running full bands now, jeez!!!:thumbup: You kept the casuals and the choir in line just fine!!!

Song origin? Almost like Scruggs, but different lyrics and maybe only similar melody, I dunno??? Like you, I'm sure my better half is grateful for my pre-occupations.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Leonard Cohen.

I used to sing that song back when I was "actin' up" in the early '70's.

Thank you, Sir!

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I used to sing that song back when I was "actin' up" in the early '70's.
Thats when I started playing it---only I heard it on a Bluegrass album "Old And In The Way" 1975. I am not sure who did the vocals I think it might have been the "Nittiy Gritty Dirt Band" (could be wrong there) I didn't know Leonard Cohen did the song. Thanks

Elwood: all I used was a drum machine "Kawai GB-2 session trainer" (I have had it over 20 years)- the over dubbed delayed vocals were done with a "TC-HELICON CRITICAL MASS" pedal that I bought when I was doing the song "Satisfied". It took me a few tries to get the bass down. Which is still not that great. Later, thanks for the like.

Elwood

Blues
thanks for the like
Well, you are welcome, but that was because I like it. (y)Your back up band sounds just fine! Moto and MM are rubbing off on you!:thumbup:

I betcha, if you heard something like this from Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, that Earl's tune was part of the dna.

Elwood

Blues
You made me dig out my copy of "Will the circle" (my sweetie :love:gave me this for Christmas 1974). A fine album that one! :thumbup: I'll have to look for "Old and in the Way", but I think I get the gist of it already. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I just checked it out Earl Scruggs did do the song---Hats off brother:thumbup: I did a little more research---It was not on "Old and In the Way" , it was on "The Earl Scruggs Review"---vocalist: Joan Beaz-Buffy Saint Marie- Leonard Cohen- Ramblin Jack Elliot-The Pointer Sisters-and Earl Scruggs.
I listened to Lenoard Cohens Version I like his better.

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I must be loosing my mind :rolleyes:
I thought I gave appropriate praise to this one.
It deserves praise.

Nice one Dave!
(y)

Lov'n what your do'n these days.:love:
Got the whole congregation sing'n..............cool:cool:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Got the whole congregation sing'n..............cool:cool:
Thanks Capn---just trying to throw a little unity out there right now. Time to forget differences. It is what it is---just got to learn to live with it wether we like it or not.

Big Mike:---Thanks a lot--I felt it when I was recording it--it just kept changing---I sit down to do "Let it Be"--(another great come together song).
I hope every thing across the pond is going O.K.--Later

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Almost at lockdown here in Oz but not quite. Supposed to be having some surgery on Thursday but they haven't told me yet it's cancelled so assuming it's going ahead.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
T'aint nothing that serious, probably the wrong thread to discuss it in but it's for the removal of a Epididymal cyst. If you google it you'll understand why I will probably be singing like Barry Gibb after Thursday :(

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Hold that thought, our PM has just announced only urgent surgery after midnight tonight so I have been cancelled. Expected as much.