All I can say is Damn!!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Nobody better than Derek Trucks on slide. Of course he grew up at the feet of the Allman Brothers Band and Duanne Allman.

I think the Tedeschi Trucks Band (with his wife Susan Tedeschi, a modern day Bonnie Raitt) is one of the best bands out there right now.

Check out Derek's work on this song.
https://youtu.be/6GkdCiqsFUI

That is one of my absolute all time favorites! Here's is the performance I'm partial to. .

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I was watching a rig rundown on the band and Derek's guar tech says he doesn't use stage monitors of any sort, that's why he went from Super Reverbs to those custom Alejandro's, they're basically a 50 watt Super

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
LOL If I send you one of my guitars would you autograph it for me! ;-)

Don't... You're just encouraging him.
dankk2.gif

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
This my favorite version of "Midnight", but only because I was standing right next to the cameraman (next to the guy in the white hat clapping at the end). Such a great band!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
This my favorite version of "Midnight", but only because I was standing right next to the cameraman (next to the guy in the white hat clapping at the end). Such a great band!

I have took say that I've never heard a bad version of that song yet

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
For me it's a toss up between that and Tedeschi's rendition of Angel From Montgomery... Technically she did that before TT, but still... Her voice was just made for that song

Yeah, that's a strong contender. I actually cover "Angel" but for me that song will always sound like Bonnie Raitt when it's playing in my head. My version is more like the John Denver cover (not surprisingly).

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
My uncle, when mad, would say "dang". When I was 9 years old, I had Rheumatic Fever, and had to stay home for three months. They sent a very old, tall, fat, lady teacher to my house, who was extremely righteous. One day I said, "dang", after giving an incorrect answer, and she exploded! "Well, just come out with it! God Dam it! It is a sin to use that word! You are calling upon the Lord to condemn". She then left our house, in a huff and a puff, and they sent a different teacher the next day. Such memories. :(

Tom