The electric chair

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
https://soundcloud.com/blackcoffeeblues/judge056wav

Man what a hassle that was---Anyway here is a song that I did sometime back. (Bad recording) low volume.

Before any buddy starts hollering FOUL- over the subject matter--the song has been recorded 7 times----6 of them were women--the first recording of it was in 1927 by the Queen 1st Lady Of Jazz/Blues---Bessie Smith. since then 5 other women have recorded it---Tracy Nelson dedicated it to O. J. Simpson in 2006 at the Montreal Jazz festival. My cover of it is terrible---but it was raining on my deck today AND I have been Missing In Action down here for almost 2 months so here I go.---Later

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Some nice pickin' there Dave. Hard to hear the lyrics but sounds like a fun song. (in spite of the title):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Yeah-you got to turn it up loud----It was a one taker I found cleaning out the old Zoom -24---figured I'd just throw it on here---A lot more delay than needed,, but really didn't feel much like recording it again. But you all are forgiving people. Later P.S. The actual title is "Send me to the electric chair".

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Good One Dave!
Volume wasn't bad, just a little too much reverb for my old ears to make out the lyrics.

I checked out several other's doing it.
What was your inspiration to do that one?

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
now, since I wanted to listen to the original..............................I found out Hugh Laurie did it, and has an album called didnt it rain

Not usually a jazz fan, but, I am a hugh laurie fan, so looks like I will be expanding my horizons because of this thread

Oh, and now I want to learn to play it

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
What was your inspiration to do that one?
I heard it on one of David Brombergs albums..."wanted dead or alive" years ago. He put a little Dixie land jazz flavor to it. Trumpets-clarinets-trombones etc. I thought it was a very original song--and it just stuck in my head. ( I love singing along to it)---I never thought of trying it till one day I was sitting in my jam room goofing around and thought I would give it a try....and that's what I ended up with...(no place close to anything else).
You guys are far kind to with your replys---but thanks: there are much appreciated---

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Be careful there Capn.---David Bromberg can get addicting---I got a question here: The original recording I did had VERY VERY LITTLE delay on it--then I recorded it on to a CD recorder using "Analog record'--do you think that might be the reason for the overly delayed on the one I posted????
Just wondering???Later

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Be careful there Capn.---David Bromberg can get addicting---I got a question here: The original recording I did had VERY VERY LITTLE delay on it--then I recorded it on to a CD recorder using "Analog record'--do you think that might be the reason for the overly delayed on the one I posted????
Just wondering???Later
No clueo_O

Rockybottom

Senior Bluesman
https://soundcloud.com/blackcoffeeblues/judge056wav

Man what a hassle that was---Anyway here is a song that I did sometime back. (Bad recording) low volume.

Before any buddy starts hollering FOUL- over the subject matter--the song has been recorded 7 times----6 of them were women--the first recording of it was in 1927 by the Queen 1st Lady Of Jazz/Blues---Bessie Smith. since then 5 other women have recorded it---Tracy Nelson dedicated it to O. J. Simpson in 2006 at the Montreal Jazz festival. My cover of it is terrible---but it was raining on my deck today AND I have been Missing In Action down here for almost 2 months so here I go.---Later
Volume was OK for me buddy on laptop with earphones. Liked the guitar pickin' and rythm. Good feel to the vocals although I would have preferred slightly less repeats on it, but that's just personal choice. Well done..

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Thanks RB---I probably should have cleaned it up a little-but like I told Capn. Moto the one that came out of my Zoom r-24 did not have near that much delay--so there must have been some more delay in my P.A. head---that got recorded. Thanks again.