Line 6 Customer Service

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
About 6 to 8 months ago, I bought a line 6 wireless, the Xvive was not working for me. Last week it started cutting out. Tracking it down, it was the mini usb that powers the base was not making good contact.

I had to put something underneath it to hold it up more. Called line 6, within an hour had an RMA and a shipping label.

A week after dropping it off at UPS, the replacement is on my door step. Now, granted, they are a California company so I would expect turn around to be faster, but honestly, I expected about 3 weeks at least.

They were very pleasant to deal with, no excuses, just an apology they didn't live up to expectations and asked to fix the issue. Honestly, they exceeded my expectations

overall, I may not like their amps much, but this is another company that has more than earned my business. In the past few years, I am either blessed or lucky with the quality of customer service from multiple music companies

Buggera
Behringer
Line 6
D'addario
Voodoo
ART
ZZounds

Each one of them has gone overboard on the customer service for either a repair, exchange, or just tech support (Voodoo stayed on the phone and walked me through my first time programming midi), each one right now are companies I am comfortable and happy giving my money too.

On the flip side, the well known, end all built like a tank pedal company will never see another dime from me

but, shout out to Line 6, good to see a company give a damn and work for their customers

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Thanks for sharing that, and it's good to see that line 6 has improved their customer service so much. I still have nightmares of dealing with them back in 2012.

Last edited:

aleclee

Tribe of One
From what I've seen, L6 has upped their customer support game tremendously since releasing Helix. With high-end products comes high-end support expectations and they're working hard to live up to it.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
From what I've seen, L6 has upped their customer support game tremendously since releasing Helix. With high-end products comes high-end support expectations and they're working hard to live up to it.

I think too, some of it is also on the customer. When I call, I dont rant and rave, I never threaten to blast them or never give them my money. I call politely and explain the issue, and listen to what they have to say. Now, if the rules that are in my warranty don't go my way, thats fine, I am willing to live by rules, as long as they are respectful.

Even when my guitar got smashed, I waited until the anger died down, then made a polite call, and explained I am very annoyed right now, and if it comes through in my voice I apoligize ahead of time, they apoligized and took care of it

so sometimes, I do think its also the way we present ourselves, I had alluded to BOSS pedals, the people I spoke too were just so arrogant and condescending, I have never purchased another product from them.

But Buggera on the other hand, first words were thank you for buying from us, and some small talk on what I liked, and was there anything I thought could be improved

sloslunas

NM Blues
I think too, some of it is also on the customer. When I call, I dont rant and rave, I never threaten to blast them or never give them my money. I call politely and explain the issue, and listen to what they have to say. Now, if the rules that are in my warranty don't go my way, thats fine, I am willing to live by rules, as long as they are respectful.

Even when my guitar got smashed, I waited until the anger died down, then made a polite call, and explained I am very annoyed right now, and if it comes through in my voice I apoligize ahead of time, they apoligized and took care of it

so sometimes, I do think its also the way we present ourselves, I had alluded to BOSS pedals, the people I spoke too were just so arrogant and condescending, I have never purchased another product from them.

But Buggera on the other hand, first words were thank you for buying from us, and some small talk on what I liked, and was there anything I thought could be improved
I totally agree with you Mark. Ranting and raving will get you no where quick and in a hurry. Politeness and calmness will take you a long way in getting things resolved. You done good brother...

Steve

aleclee

Tribe of One
Good point. I nearly always have positive customer service experiences (and when I don't, they get blacklisted like you did with Boss) but I try hard to avoid snark and threats. Unlike you, I have no issues letting a little frustration show through, but that's more in my tone of voice than my style of interaction with customer service.