I can't remember the last time THAT happened

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
But it did last night.
I'm sure I've broken a string while playing a gig before, but I honestly can't remember when.
I was in the middle of the solo in Blue On Black and BOING!!! There went my high E string. I abandoned my usual solo (A lot of it is on the high E and grabbed my Box one pentatonic and barely missed a beat (see what I did there?)
Since I only bring one acoustic and one electric guitar to my gigs, the worst part was that I had requests for three more songs that I KNEW I needed the high E string for, so I changed out the string (After butting on some background music). I felt like it took for EVER!

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I've always carried a back up, one of my first gigs I popped an E string on my Strat before I blocked the tremolo, had to play the rest of that gig on the White Falcon I had at the time and only planned to use on a couple of songs, it became increasingly heavy and now I also carry spare strings so I could change at a break

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I've always carried a back up, one of my first gigs I popped an E string on my Strat before I blocked the tremolo, had to play the rest of that gig on the White Falcon I had at the time and only planned to use on a couple of songs, it became increasingly heavy and now I also carry spare strings so I could change at a break
Yeah, I broke the high E at a jam and immediately blocked the tremolo on two of my guitars. I also carry spare strings. I never used the whammy bar anyway. A guitar playing friend said I neutered my guitar. Fair enough. :(

sloslunas

NM Blues
Truth be known...there is a whole lotta sh*t that you don't remember. What you don't remember, I will keep that top secret...

Steve

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
But it did last night.
I'm sure I've broken a string while playing a gig before, but I honestly can't remember when.
I was in the middle of the solo in Blue On Black and BOING!!! There went my high E string. I abandoned my usual solo (A lot of it is on the high E and grabbed my Box one pentatonic and barely missed a beat (see what I did there?)
Since I only bring one acoustic and one electric guitar to my gigs, the worst part was that I had requests for three more songs that I KNEW I needed the high E string for, so I changed out the string (After butting on some background music). I felt like it took for EVER!
I have been really wanting to learn that song

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I have been really wanting to learn that song

It's a pretty easy song unless you are trying to copy the solo note for note. I do the first solo pretty close to the original and the second, partly like the original but then I make it easier for me to play.