3 note pattern in 16th time, pos 4, tonal center = A

PCM

Spring, Texas
Griff,

At the suggestion of MikeS and a conversation with Paleo, I would like to make a suggestion about a possible "technique" module regarding one of your speedier published solo transcriptions in standard notation and tab.

About 2006, you published a video and transcription called "My First Go At YouTube."

I can run through the solo and keep up with most bars except for bar 14 and 15. In these two bars you wrote two, 3 note sequences with a 1 note change between each and 2 common tones in 16th timing. My rhythm promptly goes into the gutter since 3 note sequences will have a different note on the downbeat counted in 16th time. It causes my brain to start "cross-wiring" because 3 note sequences fall into "triplet thinking" when the piece is actually rapid, straight time.

I was hoping you could include a passage such as this with exercises and suggestions as to how to work through fairly intricate timing, fingering at a rapid pace and sequences (3 notes, 16th timing, straight time) that are a bit difficult to get under your fingers.

Thanks.

PCM
Houston, Texas

Attachments

• firstgoatyoutube-1.pdf
    32.6 KB · Views: 5
  • firstgoatyoutube-2.pdf
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
  • firstgoatyoutube-3.pdf
    31.8 KB · Views: 0

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Wow, I haven't seen that one in a while...

I have August set already, so I'll try and remember for September. In the meantime, check out the Classic Rock Speed Builders course around the level 2/level 3 stuff. There are some double-time triplet things in there with counting.

PCM

Spring, Texas
Wow, I haven't seen that one in a while...

I have August set already, so I'll try and remember for September. In the meantime, check out the Classic Rock Speed Builders course around the level 2/level 3 stuff. There are some double-time triplet things in there with counting.
I'll check it out. Thanks for reading.