Eleven Rack Trower Preset

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Interesting. Will be taking a long look at the AAP when it's posted.

Now that I no longer have an 11R I went out last night and found a little app that lets me open the presets enough to see what module is in each slot. I should be able to recreate it easily enough on the Headrush GigBoard, since they use much the same back end code.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
If anyone's interested in the aforementioned app to peek inside 11Rack presets, here's a link to the site where I found it. It's also useful if you have an 11R, lets you do some stuff with managing your library. It's a Java file so should run on any flavor of computer.

https://sites.google.com/site/elevenhack/

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Looked promising. I think it probably runs better on a Mac than Windows. I had to install Java on my PC. Opened the java container for the app and tried to connect to my 11 Rack and it hung the app. Restarted my computer and tried again, as the connection list offered two different options for the Eleven Rack. The second option connected and appeared to load everything that is in my Eleven Rack and hung. It has thrice Blue Screened on me (a first for this PC). After the first blue screen the PC restarted. Next two times required a hard power down.

I'm not that brave a soul to keep fooling around with this on my main machine. I might try it on an older PC later on (also running Win10). At least if it blows up, there's no valuable data on it.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Crazy. Thanks for trying it out! In my case it doesn't do anything at all because no 11R. When I select a preset but don't actually open it, though, I get the modules listing which is what I was after.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
This is what my sneak peek inside the subject preset shows me in terms of what modules are where:

griff-trower preset 11rack.png

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I get an error when I try to load it. "These files are not valid settings files fro the plug in Trower_50Watt.tfx"

I'm using the Effects Preset down down. Is that right?
No, that's not the place. To load the preset, click on the current preset. In your screen snap that is "Woo Tele Blues." On my sample it says Griff-Trower.
LoadingPreset.jpg

The "Load from Computer" is what you want. The dialogue will take you through an explorer window to select the preset. When you select the preset, it will be loaded at the bin location you have selected.
When you load it, the Save button next to the Preset will light. If you "Save To Eleven Rack" you have the option of loading it into a different preset location, changing the name or both.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Keep in mind that I didn't do anything really to the delay, mod, reverb, or FX2... they are just whatever was loaded when I started messing with it.

Griff