Mean Old Woman Blues

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Awesome job. You are killing it. Nicely done with the steady bass and the melody ringing out. Super job

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Great job Ivan! I really like that Tele and the recording...very nice sounds!

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Great job Ivan! I really like that Tele and the recording...very nice sounds!

Thanks Jmin....not as good as yours but you've been my inspiration to get this far.
The Telecaster is new this year. A 2018 MIM Player Series that are replacing the MIM Standards. They have an extra fret and Alnico V pickups which replace the ceramics and are a lot hotter than the Standards. This particular one has a really nice smooth playing neck too. That's probably the main reason I bought it. Still on the hunt for an acoustic though. Thanks again....

jmin

Student Of The Blues
.... Still on the hunt for an acoustic though...

I'm kind of looking for another acoustic too. This Fender I'm using has been good, but I discovered that a Dreadnought is a bigger guitar than I really need, especially for just playing around the house. I think something a little smaller would be more comfortable for sitting and playing. That probably narrows my choices down to about 1000 guitars! Good luck in your search...let us know what you find!

Very nice. Is this from one of Griff's lesson series? Having achieved that high level with such a nice piece of music, and being fresh in my mind, I'd be tempted to try to come up with a couple more verses with some minor variations on the same theme. Original verse, one or two variation verses of your own creation, then repeat the original. A lot more mileage without a lot more effort, and you have something that "feels" more complete, more like a song rather than a lesson. To be honest, I've only followed my own suggestion a couple times, but found it very satisfying.

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Very nice. Is this from one of Griff's lesson series? Having achieved that high level with such a nice piece of music, and being fresh in my mind, I'd be tempted to try to come up with a couple more verses with some minor variations on the same theme. Original verse, one or two variation verses of your own creation, then repeat the original. A lot more mileage without a lot more effort, and you have something that "feels" more complete, more like a song rather than a lesson. To be honest, I've only followed my own suggestion a couple times, but found it very satisfying.

Thanks Eblues. This is lesson 22 for ABGU. I like your suggestion. I was actually thinking of trying something along the same lines but after I compete the course. Hoping I’ll have more vocabulary to work with once I get there. I’m just starting to recognize some repetition and hope to be able to recall some of it for that exact purpose. Time will tell. Thanks again.

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
Nicely done Ivan. I am currently working on this one...and even though Griff says there is no new stuff on this song I have found it quite a bit tougher than the stuff leading up to this one. You are inspiring me!!