Week 1 drums

Momantai

Red nose, red guitar
does that work with electronic drums though ?

Or are they different ?
Works on most e-kits too. Exactly the same although on many e-kits the hihat cymbal is a single “cymbal” and doesn’t go up/down like with an acoustic where the pedal is linked to the top-cymbal of the hi-hat.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
What make is the kit Mark? You're tempting me.:sneaky:
Its a Simmons SD 350, they have them at $399, go on sale for $349, every now and then further on sale for $299, I had a discount deal and got $249

The main idea was just to have something that doesnt take a lot of room and could have volume control with it. It has multipe drum kits and controls I dont even know how to use yet

Momantai

Red nose, red guitar
“I had a discount deal and got $249”

Wow, my Yamaha DTX432 cost 4 times as much....(n) but maybe I have more toms, cymbals and features :whistle:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
“I had a discount deal and got $249”

Wow, my Yamaha DTX432 cost 4 times as much....(n) but maybe I have more toms, cymbals and features :whistle:
probably, but since I knew nothing, I figured less than $300, acceptable for a learning lesson, plus, if I have guest drummers, I wont lose my shit if they beat on it a little too hard. I really had no clue what I was looking for other than the suggestion of mesh heads, and I wanted USB recording ability

I wanted to be able to add a basic beat to my own songs was the original intention

• 5-piece compact drum set
  • Rugged 8 in. tension-able mesh heads for snare and 3 toms
  • Durable 10 in. pads for hi-hat, ride, and crash cymbals
  • Hi-hat controller
  • Kick pedal with integrated kick trigger
  • 179 custom sounds
  • 10 preset drum kits, plus user preset
  • 10 songs, plus one user song
  • Simple interface with easy and comprehensive navigation
  • Multi-pin pad connector
  • USB/MIDI computer connection
  • Stereo and headphone outputs
  • Includes free, downloadable interactive Simmons Basic iOS App

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Sounds like you got the basic tool you were looking for.. Out of the 10 preset kits, I suspect only one or two will be to your liking.

As others suggested, keep the high hat closed for the most part. You can hit it open and then immediately close to get a "she-up" sound.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Sounds like you got the basic tool you were looking for.. Out of the 10 preset kits, I suspect only one or two will be to your liking.

As others suggested, keep the high hat closed for the most part. You can hit it open and then immediately close to get a "she-up" sound.
usually, this weekends jam some drummers are coming over, hopefully they will get the sounds set for me