During your recent Pedal Board fix video...

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hey @Griff

Two questions:
1) Given how much you pull pedals off and on your board (in this video and in general) how do you keep the vlecro from pulling of the bottom of your pedals?
2) Chords, chords chords???? around 5-40 seconds after you pick up your guitar (14:20 into the video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JlKQqVrpkU

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
The first chord is an E in G Shape with the open E string ringing, then a little lick in E major pentatonic.

Then quick A and D power chords, then the part you probably wonder about is:

Play a D chord but instead of open D, use the 4th string F# (think of a C shaped D without the 5th string)

Now, the note at the bottom (the F# on the 4th fret) is the 3rd, if you move it up a half step, you get a suspension, that's the first chord, then I went down to the 4th fret to make the D major, then I went down another 1/2 step to make D minor.

For all of those chords, I'm really only playing the 4th and 2nd strings (pick and finger) and maybe the 3rd string, not the 1st string.

From there, you can probably see I move my fingers down 1/2 step to an A7 and then down to an E.

Does that help or do you need it in video?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
The first chord is an E in G Shape with the open E string ringing, then a little lick in E major pentatonic.

Then quick A and D power chords, then the part you probably wonder about is:

Play a D chord but instead of open D, use the 4th string F# (think of a C shaped D without the 5th string)

Now, the note at the bottom (the F# on the 4th fret) is the 3rd, if you move it up a half step, you get a suspension, that's the first chord, then I went down to the 4th fret to make the D major, then I went down another 1/2 step to make D minor.

For all of those chords, I'm really only playing the 4th and 2nd strings (pick and finger) and maybe the 3rd string, not the 1st string.

From there, you can probably see I move my fingers down 1/2 step to an A7 and then down to an E.

Does that help or do you need it in video?

Thanks, I'll play around with it a bit and let you know.

What about the velcro question?? lol. I seem to have the velcro pull off the pedals after several "repositionings".

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Sorry...

Sometimes it comes off, I just put more on. I haven't yet figured out a way around it.

The other thing that happens is it melts... if I have the board in the back of the truck or the trailer and it's really hot and I've got it set sideways, sometimes the glue melts and the pedals slide - always a fun surprise :(

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Yep it was that D move. the first chord Dsus? is a bear of a stretch. Which is strange because it's only 4 frets! I never realized what a chord junkie I am. Every time I see you or Tommy play I'm amazed at how much I LOVE the chords you use.