Daily emails?

JerryW

Blues Newbie
I feel stupid even asking this, but.......
How do the daily emails from Griff relate to the course material? I just recently received my course materials in the mail and I'm trying to tie up some loose ends in my life so I can dedicate time to the course. Am I already getting behind by not reading all the daily emails? I want to learn at my own pace and right now I need some clarification.
Thank you.

Last edited:
You're not alone! Like you, I'm trying to get more involved with practicing. I only have one of Griff's small courses (52 Rhythms and Fills). I also get the daily emails, spend a little time in the forum, and noodle around with the tracks uploaded to the Virtual Jam room, preparing for the day I finally start participating there.

Griff gives a lot of great little nuggets in the daily emails, but frankly, just on that workload alone, I have a hard time keeping up. Sometimes, no, make that often, I'm no where near done mastering the current email lesson when the next one comes out. Pretty soon they start backing up in my inbox. Eventually, I get so far behind I have to just delete the backlog and start fresh. Throw in the course lessons, forum time, and noodling... it's just way more than I've been able to figure out how to manage so far.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
The mails generally have no direct connection to the course material. Griff has students at many different levels doing many courses. They mainly get the same daily mails. If you want to concentrate on the course then ignore the mails (or better yet store them some place for later reference). Also there are only so many techniques and ways to look at the guitar. If you miss an important mail you can guarantee Griff will send it out again in a year or two when he is too busy to shoot something new:rolleyes:

cheers

Al.

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
ive always thought it would be nice to be able to access the email lessons some how,,,at a future date ,,if they were available somewhere easy to get at

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
ive always thought it would be nice to be able to access the email lessons some how,,,at a future date ,,if they were available somewhere easy to get at

You should always be able to find videos from Griff's emails on his YouTube channel (you may have to do a few searches to find what you are looking for though).
https://www.youtube.com/user/ghbgriff3

or on his Blog
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/blog

That said if you have limited time, then focus on the courses.
I view the emails mainly as a marketing tool he uses to stay in contact with people that may some day buy a course. that's not to say that there isn't a tone of great stuff in the freebies, but most of it is already covered in one or more of his courses.

Cornfield

Blues Newbie
I love the daily emails. I have learned more from them than I did from several courses by various unnamed people. Now I went ahead and bought the BGU course and find myself trudging through them.