Lets Try Rhythm

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
This is the first time I have started a thread in the VJR.:)

I thought it would be a nice change, and possibly tempt more players to the VJR, if we tried a rhythm track.
I sent Paparaptor a drum track to which he added the bass. The first 12 bars are quiet, so a gentle comp fits nicely, the second 12 are a bit more lively so push it a bit on those, and finish with a turnaround for the next player.

I have taken the first 24 bars. 0-58secs.

Maybe once we finish the rhythm we can then turn it around and apply the lead work? When finished it would be all our own work!!:D

Enjoy!!

http://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/Swing112BPMRhythmExerciseInE.mp3

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Great work TZ.(y) Lovely elegant rhythm you laid down there. I am even more looking forward to getting this finished so we can attack it with the lead. There will be six variants of rhythm (provided others join in..., Papa? Giayank? Paleo? Anyone?):) which will require six variants of lead to compliment them.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
LoL!!! I wasn't accusing you of copying some one!!!:ROFLMAO: The plan was to do 24 bars each. The first 12 bars gentle, then push the next 12 finishing with a turnaround for the next player to start their 'gentle' 12 bars. You took another 12 bars.:)

Kommetjie

Blues Newbie
It's all good, I steal stuff from everyone . . . I remember reading something George Benson said, "If you don't want me to steal it don't play it in front of me!"
BTW, it would be pretty cool if we could throw some more rhythm ideas back and forth.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Didn't verify the attribution of this quote, but I found it on the Internet so it must be true. o_O

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 10.07.43 AM.png