"Blues With a Buddy" - Help!!

bluesmonty

Blues Newbie
I've been looking over "Blues With A Buddy", a 2 part video on learning the rhythm and lead parts for a "Slow Blues in E"

This is a great lesson for someone (especially me!) who wants to start jamming with another guitar player. I have 2 questions/requests:

1) The tab for the rhythm part is complete. In the lead area there are 4 licks - two measures each. However when Griff plays through the lead part I don't have a clue what he is playing in bars 11 and 12. There is nothing in the PDFs??

2) My new goal in life is to find a jam track with ONE ACOUSTIC GUITAR PLAYING A BASIC BLUES SHUFFLE IN E (or A). No drums, keyboards, fancy extra notes, etc. This jam track would be PERFECT for a beginner/intermediate learning to play lead with one other guitar player. Griff plays with a backing track like this but it isn't available for download.

Thanks

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I'm not familiar with "Blues With A Buddy" but I do have an acoustic guitar backing track for a shuffle.

Backing Track

You should be able to download it by right clicking and choose save file as. Just click on it to play it and see if it is what you want.

YouTube is a goldmine too, search for "acoustic guitar blues backing track" or similar.

Hope that helps.

Eric

bluesmonty

Blues Newbie
Thanks to Jalapeno for the backing track. I've been using it already. I just got tired of listening dozens of jam tracks.

Everyone can find the two videos for Blues with a Buddy. On the BGU Blog under "Lessons" you can find Blues With a Buddy - Soloing 1 and Blues with a Buddy - Slow Blues in E on page 2 of 17. These 2 videos are a complete lesson in having only 2 guitar players play a fun blues.
My plea is still - What is being played in the Solo in bars 11 and 12? (There are 4 2-bar licks covering bars 1 - 10 that Griff explains).

Thanks.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
The whole purpose of that lesson is to teach you to create your own licks? Learn that scale inside and out and use the provided licks as a guide for creating your own, every thing he's playing is straight out of the scale.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Ok I think I found it on the blog. This is what I hear:

Screenshot 2018-09-09 18.10.14.png

Slide on the first beat and the third beat and hammer on the first beat of measure 12.

Is that what you want?

Eric

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I like what you did with the music/tab, Eric, what did you use to create it?
That was 6 months ago so I don’t remember exactly. It was either Guitar Pro 6, MuseScore, or Sibelius. Based on the look I’m going to guess Guitar Pro 6.

Eric

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
You're welcome Kommetjie. After checking I can confirm that it was with GuitarPro 6. I don't think you can get it anymore because version 7 has been out for a while.

Eric