Two Courses One Brain!!

ChrisG

Blues Newbie
So I’ve taken the summer off of structured courses to learn a few tunes and practice some technique stuff. Now with school back in swing here I’m ready to get back to a course. I’ve never completed BGU so I was thinking about actually working my way through it. However, I also have the ABGU course and I dig acoustic playing on the porch stuff as well. So what to do what to do? Should I work on them both simultaneously or should I just do one at a time? What y’all think?

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
It took me a year to finish BGU 1.0. It took me two years or more to finish ABGU and I had to take a break while doing it. I think ABGU is the most difficult course I've ever done and I've completed quite a few video and DVD guitar courses. If you think you might struggle to complete a course (any course) I'd suggest doing BGU first and get through that.

My impression from things posted on this forum and talking to people at BGU live is that most people give up on ABGU before they even get to the good stuff. You can go through bits and pieces of ABGU when you get tired of BGU but, seriously, if you struggle with BGU then ABGU will frustrate you.

My $0.02

Eric

Jack

Blues Junior
For me, when I get burned out on playing electric I pick up the acoustic and it's like a brand new practice session. New enthusiasm, new energy, etc. So I think it would work well to do both at the same time.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
For me, when I get burned out on playing electric I pick up the acoustic and it's like a brand new practice session. New enthusiasm, new energy, etc. So I think it would work well to do both at the same time.

I'm feeling this! Switching to acoustic is a good way for me to get out of a rut. :Beer:

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I play both acoustic and electric most every day. I feel like playing acoustic in the morning and electric in the afternoon. It just helps maintain my morning calm and then my afternoon energy. I'm working on two courses on the acoustic and two different courses on the electric.

Try working on both courses if you can.

ChrisG

Blues Newbie
I think part of my goals are to actually complete some courses. To do that I think it’s probably best for me to choose one course at a time to work on. I play alone 100% of the time so it probably makes more sense to focus on the ABGU course. With that being said I’m dusting off the Acoustic. I appreciate the suggestions.