More benefits from this course

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Found some more benefits on this.............

At practice the other day, we warm up with "Last dance with mary jane" , we use it to set the levels. The acoustic and vocals go through the PA , bass and electric through their own amps.

I stepped outside the garage with guitar in hand to see if the acoustic and vocals were leveled right..........they played through 2 chorus before the rest of us jump in.

On a whim, I started playing something to take care of the harmonica part instead of the chords, while I know it was technically wrong, everyone else thought it sounded right, I was like OK, not sure where it came from.

Then during the chorus of the song, we play it D to A, I added some fills, again, not the exact notes (I am not good at transcribing), again, everyone thought they were right

For the actual solo, I learned the first part, struggling on the second part, so I slid up the neck and kind of re-did the harmonica part in a higher octave again.

5 weeks ago, I would not have even attempted to try this.............the fact I got away with it, still making me scratch my head..................and I a still only halfway through the course

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Found some more benefits on this.............

At practice the other day, we warm up with "Last dance with mary jane" , we use it to set the levels. The acoustic and vocals go through the PA , bass and electric through their own amps.

I stepped outside the garage with guitar in hand to see if the acoustic and vocals were leveled right..........they played through 2 chorus before the rest of us jump in.

On a whim, I started playing something to take care of the harmonica part instead of the chords, while I know it was technically wrong, everyone else thought it sounded right, I was like OK, not sure where it came from.

Then during the chorus of the song, we play it D to A, I added some fills, again, not the exact notes (I am not good at transcribing), again, everyone thought they were right

For the actual solo, I learned the first part, struggling on the second part, so I slid up the neck and kind of re-did the harmonica part in a higher octave again.

5 weeks ago, I would not have even attempted to try this.............the fact I got away with it, still making me scratch my head..................and I a still only halfway through the course

That's what it's all about!!!
I love those moments where, you look down at your guitar to see if someone else played what you just heard.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
That's what it's all about!!!
I love those moments where, you look down at your guitar to see if someone else played what you just heard.
thats exactly it................now I gotta see if I remember it