Annie's Hideaway

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Sounded plenty good to me. Rhythmically you've got it- no hesitations or rushing. You might try a little more palm muting on the bass to make it more of a thump.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I think you sounded great and your Guild has a great tone. You always seem to have very good timing and this one is no exception. You definitely have a really good handle on it.  Keep in incorporating it into your practice routine and it will sound even better.  I often find that when I go onto another lesson and then come back to an earlier one I have a little different perspective and I get a little different sound out of it.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice playing, Annie! This is a keeper! I can hear you playing this as a "demo" song when someone asks you if you can play the blues.

Jim pyron

Got Yer Blues
Way to go Annie!  This is also my first time hearing you.  Fabulous timing, all it needs, as Dave suggested, is a little muting to get more percussive bass notes.  Nice job!

Rockitguitar

Blues Newbie
Very good!! I think this is the first time Ive had the pleasure of hearing you play Annie. Very Good!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I was listening and I thought it was Robert Johnson back to play another tune for us!!!   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Annie

On my way
That's a nice compliment. Thanks for taking the time to listen. It feels really good to get encouragement.

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Did this one on my Guild and recorded on GarageBand.
It could be a little more consistent I think. I'll have to work on that.
Annies's Hideaway

Nicely done, Annie... Your timing's good, and that's a beaut sound you get from that Gretsch. You just need to practice it a bit more to get comfortable with it.

Oh... just one TINY piece of constructive criticism: They call them 'double-stops' for a reason; when playing these, try to cut the notes short (with palm muting) so that they actually STOP... (It's not always necessary, depending on what you're playing, but once you get the hang of it, you'll hear the difference it makes; then you can decide exactly how choppy you want it... The trick is to mute the strings with the heel of your hand on the bass strings right at the bridge at the same time as the pick (it may take a little practice to get used to it, but it soon becomes automatic).

On the whole though, a very nice job. Great tone that guitar has!

Last edited:

Annie

On my way
Thanks for the response. I have learned more about double stops since I did this lesson. I think back when I recorded it I may not have known what a double stop was even. Yes, my Guild is a treasure I hope I never let go of.