BBBS feedback/reviews

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Video's hard to find? You must have bought the instant download. I bought the DVD course. I always do. But I go places without internet and computers...........

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Video's hard to find? You must have bought the instant download. I bought the DVD course. I always do. But I go places without internet and computers...........

I have dial-up internet that's unreliable at best, I get the DVD's as well, so I can just load them on my hard drive, it's faster than downloading on my service

DrRock

Blues Newbie
Hey Two Notes, I recently purchased Griff's Blues Solo Construction Kit, and I think it might be just what you're looking for. He provides a format for putting solos together for slow blues and shuffle feel, and provides a variety of licks to fit into the formats. I had some of the same feeling you did about Steve's course. But after some practice with the construction kit course, I'm thinking I'll go back to Steve's course and see how some of his licks will fit in with Griff's formats.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I'm doing the same thing DrRock! and I've also added the Maj min Blues shapes too. I've been alternating between the three courses. I need to get to the Slow Blues Feel sometime soon............

Misty Mountain Hop

Blues Newbie
Yeah, I guess I though the course would be about "a well constructed and connected set of licks is" which is why I am disappointed. There isn't even a video for the final solo, just an MP3, so no "explanation". (Only had time to look at shuffle blues, not sure how the other sections are)

I think it comes down to learning styles. In order to retain something I need to understand it, not memorize it. This is why I enjoy Griff's videos, he tells you why, not just how, whereas this course is 95% "how", at least that's how I see it so far.

It's great others are enjoying the course and getting satisfaction out if it.

Yep for me, I thought we were going to learn how to construct great solos, not just a bunch of licks. I prefer Griff as a teacher myself. More background on the basis for what we are playing from Griff.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Yep for me, I thought we were going to learn how to construct great solos, not just a bunch of licks. I prefer Griff as a teacher myself. More background on the basis for what we are playing from Griff.
I really like the BBBS course. After learning a lot of technical skills and theory I understand the riffs so much better now. This helps me understand how to combine the Maj/min shapes. So I am very interested in learning riffs, riffs, and more riffs. Griff has plenty of courses available that cover riffs and more riffs with a different method but similar to the BBBS. And now the CAGED course is out for more theory to understand........ Hopefully when I get into that course it will help understand intervals to help understand riffs, riffs, and more riffs............