Aluminum Necks

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Remind me to buy some shares in Solvol Autosol polish if you're getting an aluminium one. Oh and just so we can get it correct it's pronounced (Al-U-Min- E- um ) :D

I heard once that the scientific community was pondering changing the spelling to aluminium, just so UK scientific community would be in harmony with the rest of the world. Unfortunately, a british metallurgist asked, "Why would you change it to Al-U-Min-E-In-E-Um?"

Actually, I think it was George Carlin who reported that.

panther

Blues Newbie
Who cares, their shiny.

Was that called for ? It's They're, not their. The guitars are made from aircraft grade Billet aluminum. In fact that was the industry the manufacturer was in, before he retired and starting making the guitars. Yes it does matter if it's plated.

Dan

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
Was that called for ? It's They're, not their. The guitars are made from aircraft grade Billet aluminum. In fact that was the industry the manufacturer was in, before he retired and starting making the guitars. Yes it does matter if it's plated.

Dan

Ok. I'm done here. Everything I've posted recently has either been criticized or corrected. I don't need this.
Dale

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
Hang in there Dale , ive had the same thing , keep smiling mate :), there are a few humourless souls about

panther

Blues Newbie
Ok. I'm done here. Everything I've posted recently has either been criticized or corrected. I don't need this.
Dale

When I tried to clarify a point and you insult me, (Who cares)what exactly do you expect ?
That's not lack of humor on my part, it's being rude on your part.
TRYING to be funny at the expense of someone else, is NOT humor. Laughing along with someone, that's different.
Plating aluminum with chrome is a very long process compared to just plating Brass or Steel. I was only trying to clarify a point. If you didn't care that's fine.

Dan

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
Hang in there Dale , ive had the same thing , keep smiling mate :), there are a few humourless souls about

Thanks Bill. One guy's not gonna shove me out. I've gone through two weeks of nightmares and flashbacks from my sniper missions in Vietnam so im a tad sensitive. I have chronic PTSD and certain things trigger it. I should really stay off the forum when I like this. I thought I was joking but apparently not. Thanks friend.
Dale

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Don't sweat it fingerlick. It didn't sound, to me, like your were insulting panther. More like you were googoo eyes over shiny things.
It's hard in text to convey your real meaning sometimes, and it's easy to misinterpret intent.
Please don't give up on us because of one bad exchange.

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
No worries Jack, I haven't touched a rifle since I came home over forty five years ago except to give away the match rifles I had before the military.
Dale

panther

Blues Newbie
Dale;
Sorry you don't see anything wrong with me trying to add to your post, and you saying who cares.

See what I mean.
Dan

panther

Blues Newbie
Thanks Bill. One guy's not gonna shove me out. I've gone through two weeks of nightmares and flashbacks from my sniper missions in Vietnam so im a tad sensitive. I have chronic PTSD and certain things trigger it. I should really stay off the forum when I like this. I thought I was joking but apparently not. Thanks friend.
Dale
Who is trying to shove you out. You are the one that got all offended. I simply tried to add to your post, and you shoot at me with WHO CARES.
Dan