BGU Solo 4 jmin

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I don't think I can put into words how happy I am to be posting Lesson 25, aka - Solo #4.
It ain't perfect, but I'll keep at it (by habit!)... I'm moving on to Lesson 26!!!
Thanks for listening!

BGU Solo #4 jmin

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
jmin - very nicely and cleanly played with your own timing, style and personality applied to it!
Great work!
Tom

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, Tom!
I really wasn't trying for my own timing or personality - I'm always trying to mimic Griff...and always come up short!

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Thanks, Tom!
I really wasn't trying for my own timing or personality - I'm always trying to mimic Griff...and always come up short!
Well, trying to mimic Griff is a worthy goal - in my personal experience, accomplishing it is an impossible task. :)
Just tell people you made it your own, and they will never know the difference. :)

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Jmin...what a great job. Great clarity on all of those notes is no mean achievement. Well done for completing this one as it sure is a real challenge.

(y)

Alan

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
Very well done jmin, this is an excellent slow blues to have in your pocket. (Man, I would have thought you had completed the SBS course the way you played on the 'FunkyEmajor' jam :) ).

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks steve and bluesman! I haven't attempted the SBS course - I still have plenty of BGU material left to last me awhile! Still a struggling student, bluesmadd...thanks for the nice compliment!

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
Jmin that was awesome...great control of your bends and your runs were clean and sounded effortless on your part. And this is NOT an easy solo! Very well done:Beer:

johnc

systematic
Excellent jmin, I only wish I could do half as well, but I have to relearn it yet which will be a little while away. But congrats on a very nice recording of very nice playing.

johnc

systematic
It's been a while since I listened to Griffs original lesson example, but I thought that you played it as faithfully to the lesson as anyone I have heard try. Not sure what Tom was meaning but it is impossible not to put our own stamp on things though and how you played it was very good to my ears..
This is my next solo to revisit and I know it is a bit of a handful and a bit to remember so we will see how it goes..