• 48 hours

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • No limit (it's always editable)

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
OK - First off, I didn't really know what this time limit was when I turned the forum on, I've never heard of any sort of limit or really thought about it... so this was a new thing to me.

The main goals are:
1 - keep the moderators from having to run around editing stuff for people
2 - keep history from being re-written after too long.

3 hours was the winner, but that puts too much strain on the mods so I made it 24 hours. No limit was a close call as well, but in the end I feel like a limit is a good thing.

If months go by and we see no reason for having any sort of edit limit then I'll remove it. For now, it works... but I'm always open to suggestions if you have them.

I don't know how to close the poll and keep you from voting... but I've already made the change :)

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I suppose that you could lock the thread. That would certainly "Close" the poll.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
I love watching the voting systems in the USA, Bush and Florida spring to mind. :whistle:

No offence intended us Brits have crazy sense of humour. :Beer:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I love watching the voting systems in the USA, Bush and Florida spring to mind. :whistle:

We can't get political here, but if you've enjoyed Bush and Gore, just wait for the sequel later this year.

The primaries are already a circus. Great entertainment, but it's a shame that these are the individuals we have to chose from to run our country. :thumbdown:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member

You think it's entertaining from your viewpoint... I live in Florida. The last 20 years have been one WTF after another!

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
The way I look at it Lloyd (and I know it's a sad commentary) , but the middle class is gonna get screwed, no mater who gets elected.

So I can fret about it, or vote my conscious say WTF and enjoy the circus. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I choose the later.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
The way I look at it Lloyd (and I know it's a sad commentary) , but the middle class is gonna get screwed, no mater who gets elected.

So I can fret about it, or vote my conscious say WTF and enjoy the circus. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I choose the later.

I've stocked up on popcorn and hard liquor! Probably got enough to last through November.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!

I choose the later.
I retired because I was tired of paying out 52% of my gross on deductions. My net retired is slightly more that when I was working. so? why?

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
I love the ending comments to this post guys, a good bit of banter, and I offer my apologies to Griff for diverting the subject matter. :sneaky:

KevinS

Blues Newbie
I've noticed that there are many older recordings of lessons, solos, BGIAB where the link no longer works, mine included. Perhaps there could be a brief unlimited editing period where people could update those links on the original post if they so choose. I don't think many people would bother to look any further into those posts for a re-posting if the original link doesn't work. I know I don't. I still like to go through older postings and listen.

I have had some success typing in the entire link into the finder window, but who wants to keep doing that.

I voted "Unlimited". Are revisionist postings really a big concern?

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
You can highlight the text with your mouse, right click, copy the paste it in the address bar. It's fast and easy. If it doesn't work then, it's likely a broken link.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
If it's something of yours that was lost in the transition, you could make a new post with the link.