what are people practicing today ?

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Today, I plan to spend an hour on the first two sections, no video, just the written material practicing.

then wash the cars, a few chicken wings.....then on to something new

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
01/03/15:  BGU 11, 12.  Looking forward to getting both down comfortably.  I'm struggling with some of the chord changes.  Can't get my fingers set up quick enough.

See you down the road [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I ended up going through 3 sections, 2 repeats, one new......then worked on All right now from free, badly, but worked on it

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I'll be going over to mom's tomorrow and bringing my acoustic. I've completed this course a couple of years ago but need to refresh. I'll start with the beginning of the book and get to a few of the tunes. The most important thing for me in the BBG is to play the tunes counting correctly and playing as written. It's an easy course until you start counting and playing the notes and rests just as it is written.;)o_O

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Been to give my son his wife and my three grandchildren our washing machine after the basement of his house got wrecked in the UK Kendal floods recently. His need is greater than ours so I'll just have to live with smelly socks for a few days till our new washing machine arrives. :eek:

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
This was a week off from work and a commitment to get the first licks, first chords, and Sitting Easy Blues done. Sitting Easy Blues is now played by memory and almost in time with Griff at 54 bpm. Got Sunday and Monday before going back to work to have it all down good. In between, a little Helter Skelter and Back in the USSR is being played extra loud for fun. Something really interesting happened this week. Like when your brain flips and you start thinking in a new language. My right hand (picking) was moving automatically while the left was trying to keep up. It reminded me of golf too. You know, when you get that perfect swing for an hour or so and it feels like you aren't even trying. Know why, aside from the cool sounds of an over-driven amp, that guitar playing is so addictive.

Bob630

Blues Newbe
Working on Hideaway Blues, pretty much have the first 4 measures down pretty well. Always start a session using the first few lessons as a warm up.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
I'm playing all the songs up to and including Deep Sea Blues. I was going to pass on this course but listening to people play the lessons changed my mind. These are nice bare bones song examples that can be added to very nicely. And they are good structure basics that can be used to develop your own style. I like using this course as an introduction to playing finger style on the acoustic too. Now I love this course!

See you down the road! :thumbup: