You Made Me Cry - Slow Hard Blues in E

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
You know, I really have no idea.  I always just try to play along with whatever pace the band sets.

Bob_Cresswell

Blues Newbie
Well it works so I guess the tempo is just "laid back on the porch sippin whisky" no idea what that translates to in BPM - maybe 78 ish?

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Well it works so I guess the tempo is just "laid back on the porch sippin whisky" no idea what that translates to in BPM - maybe 78 ish?

For me that would be a beer and a shot of tequila  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
OK, here goes ...
three of Griff's ultra simple rhythm thingies that was in his email the other day and a lead over that.
Here is Griff's email video I took the rhythm from.
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/3-classic-rhythms/?Id=1034386
I used all three of the rhythms Griff has in the email video, combining them.
I combined the last two of them with a lead over the first 24 bars (so that is 3 tracks)
And used the first rhythm in Griff's email on the last 12 bars, two tracks played an octave apart, and some small chords for a 3rd track and my lead for a 4th track.
PRS SE neck -> TC Arena Reverb -> Aphex Xciter -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> Mustang III '65 Twin
I put a little delay on the lead part.

Slow Hand Blues ... doubled version XXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Doing this kind of stuff will test your mixing skills as much as your playing.  ;)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Ok there RR,
Nicely done, good playing on all tracks.
Well put together. :cool:

But, .....lemme see, you went off the reservation and abandon all your mates? :(
What happen to the other players?

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Ok there RR,
Nicely done, good playing on all tracks.
Well put together. :cool:

But, .....lemme see, you went off the reservation and abandon all your mates? :(
What happen to the other players?
See Marv's post.  
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1438472058/0#19
I picked up that link and went with it.  Don't really know why he posted that since the original one wasn't done yet, so you'll have to ask the inscrutable Marv. 
(It's all Marv's fault!)  ::)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I see.......looks like the band leader started a whole new show while the band stood on stage with the light out.
In any case .....you done good!

Perhaps I'll have to jump in again.....I'm getting rusty.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
This would be a great track for people to collaborate on ... one guy lay down a rhythm, the next gut play a lead over that ... whatever floats the boats.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
As I recall, I posted the original because someone asked me to post the original. Maybe Rancid get out his electronic glue stick somehow.  ;D

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
No problem mit der glue schtick.  I could pretty easily take the original track, delete everything from where the last player left off, and insert the part with all the players on it in front of this doubled track.  Just say der word.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
CaptainM, that was different and cool, but you stopped short of one section and marked two X's. ??
Yikes, I'll go giver a listen and see how much I screwed up. :mad:

OK, looks more like one then two.
I took out one X.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Unless someone says STOP, when I get home from work tonight, I'm gonna get out my "glue stick" and join the original track to this doubled track so all of the previous players are all on the same track with me and CaptainM.  OK??

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
I say go ahead. You can either shorten the end of the combined track or ust leave it. If  it doesn't fill up, we can fade it out after the last player or just let it sit.