You Made Me Cry - Slow Hard Blues in E

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Since RR got us rockin', I thought I'd keep that hard edgy sound going, but slow it down.

Here's one we've used before with a new intro solo...

It's a pretty short track, about three and a half minutes, so maybe just put all you have into 12 bars.  Of course, extension is no problem if you prefer.  I guess I wouldn't want to see it go an hour.

I took the first twelve bars:
https://db.tt/34hwjeEw

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I like this one.
I'm into slow and simple.
Good selection of tone on that Marv.
I'll be back if no body eats it up be for me.
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
OK, I lengthened it ... not to three hours, just to 8 minutes.
To give others a chance to play on it.

You made me cry XXOOOOOOOOO
Marv and CaptainM, great hard edgy bits.
I'll jump in tomorrow if there's still room left ... don't know about keeping with the hard edgy thing though.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
That takes it to You made me cry XXXXOOOOOOO
Hard to hear the chord changes when there aren't any chords.  Only bass and drums.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Sounding good, guys. Even without guitar chord changes, you can listen for the bass changes and any drum fills that might signal those upcoming changes. 

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, i wish I had more time to  work on that one. You guys, are sounding great .  I forgot to mention...  Ibanez AS73, Giovanni  pickups, clean preset and reverb.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Marv, can you post the original track or give the source?
I'd like to jump in...maybe tonite.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
OKIE DOKIE RR,
Nice playing by you both. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Seems like that PRS hasn't left your grip since it arrived.  :)

giayank

Just another day in paradise
[glow=yellow,2,300]recording light is on [/glow]

used my LP on middle pup selector . Mustang -57 twin with some over drive , delay and chorus . bias set to +50 .

https://db.tt/lRkl1Vw0
  You made me cry XXXXXXXOOOO

Elio

Student Of The Blues
RR and G, you sounded great -- makes me wish I had kicked up the reverb a bit more.

giayank

Just another day in paradise
   Thanks Elio . I think we're all sounding good on this one . Marv picked a great track . Something about it suits our collective styles . Might be the tempo or a key we're comfortable in . Whatever it is brings out good tones from us .
    RR I took some time to follow the suggestions in the recent posts on tweaking the mustang amps . One post was on mustang III and the other on the mustang IV . You suggested tweaking the bias setting . It's made a whole new world of tones available . I never touched it before didn't know what it was for . The other thing that really helped was the listing of what each pedal was that the amp was trying to simulate . [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
You guys all sound good!  Hey, if you want to do another one Rancid style with one track of rhythm and a solo over your rhythm, that'd be fine with me.

Here's a doubled version of the original so you can stretch out a bit.

https://db.tt/YZrCo0uZ