Yet Another Cheap (but good) Wireless Guitar System

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Watch "UHF WIRELESS FOR GUITAR" on YouTube https://youtu.be/Al8oNgykXi4

Thanks. Hard to tell much from that review, as he didn't do much with it, but it did seems like there was some volume loss with the wireless.

My biggest issues with the ones I've owned/tried were as follows:

1. Loss of volume vs. a cable
2. Loss of higher frequencies
3. Dropouts/noise once you get more than a few feet away

Like I said, it's been a few years since I tried one, but if they've addressed those issues in these newer units, should be a good deal.

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
My $43 Ammoon wireless set arrived from TomTop today while I happen to be home post op with orders not to do much but play guitar and nap. PERFECT!

It simply works. Plug in, turn the switches to on, and play. No drop outs or noise from 30 feet away. Actually less noise than my cables in my high interference room I think. No noticeable change in tone or latency detected yet.

If I could get a $50 IEM transmitter/receiver set this good I would be a happy camper!

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
My $43 Ammoon wireless set arrived from TomTop today while I happen to be home post op with orders not to do much but play guitar and nap. PERFECT!

Got my second set from Tomtop as well. My first one has been working perfectly for about a month now. BTW, Tomtop has more than doubled the price to $90 now and last time I checked on Amazon, they were out of stock, so it looks like the party may be over. Actually, a couple of months ago, I would have thought $90 was a good buy. :D

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
Got my second set from Tomtop as well. My first one has been working perfectly for about a month now. BTW, Tomtop has more than doubled the price to $90 now and last time I checked on Amazon, they were out of stock, so it looks like the party may be over. Actually, a couple of months ago, I would have thought $90 was a good buy. :D

I still see them at $45 on eBay and a few bucks more from on Walmart’s site. You just have to keep lookin’ until you find a good deal.

ervjohns

Blues Junior
Got mine the other day fromTomTop and they work great, so far though I never go anywhere further than 3 feet from the last connection. But I’m ready!

Elio

Student Of The Blues

Walmart is still partying for $43.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Walmart is still partying for $43.

Last time I looked there, no one had it in stock. But the party's back on Ebay and Amazon. There's an Ebay seller that has it for 44.99 though. Amazon has them back in stock for $65.99. If you use the 20% off code you can get at ammoon.com, you can get it for under $53 and not have to wait three weeks, as well as have an easy return if it's defective.

chemeagle

Blues Newbie
I just ordered from Walmart on-line and I should have it by Thursday. Free shipping. I buy everything on Amazon - so this is new territory for me.
:confused::confused:

Peter Wynne

Woke up fell outta bed drag a comb across my head
I ordered the Ammoon set from Walmart and it arrived yesterday. Can’t tell you what a relief it is to not have a cord to worry about. Plugged it in and it plays beautifully with no latency that I can hear. I can finally stand and move around while practicing. Thanks to this forum for a fantastic recommendation.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Used mine at the jam yesterday with a few other people that wireless units going. No interference, dropouts, or latency issues. Had it on for over 3 hours and it's still working fine. Really amazing that they could make something that works so well that cheap.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Are any of these products that have been used by forum members of the 2.4 gig variety? I'd like to know if there's a noticeable difference to yer ears. I don't care about distance, just latency, interference, tone etc, in a very small area.
Thank you in advance.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Are any of these products that have been used by forum members of the 2.4 gig variety? I'd like to know if there's a noticeable difference to yer ears. I don't care about distance, just latency, interference, tone etc, in a very small area.
Thank you in advance.

Xvive, Boss and Line 6 are all 2.4GHz. I've tried them all and don't notice any difference in sound quality as compared to the 5.8GHz ones, which there really shouldn't be. The broadcast frequency is not really an issue when it comes to how good they sound. The only reason for the 5.8GHz is less likelihood of interference

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Xvive, Boss and Line 6 are all 2.4GHz. I've tried them all and don't notice any difference in sound quality as compared to the 5.8GHz ones, which there really shouldn't be. The broadcast frequency is not really an issue when it comes to how good they sound. The only reason for the 5.8GHz is less likelihood of interference

Thanks Mike.
I'm looking for a budget option to dip my toes in the water without tripping over a cable. Didn't want to make the mistake of buying something untested.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom

Peter Wynne

Woke up fell outta bed drag a comb across my head
So I see 2 of these @ Walmart.

I have the rifftone which fit the recessed jacks on my Ibanez guitars, and works fine with my active pickups.

Wondering if the $30 one will fit.

Anyone have either of these, Any comments on either? Or would consider another in same price range. Justwant a reliable backup.

Tanks

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ammoon-W...ble0PUASt6yKICi4B8TZZrimywj0non4aAlPvEALw_wcB

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ammoon-W...-z3pCHy_cpr0N13Nzu_DGZH6DYPsOZXUaAoJTEALw_wcB
The second link is the one I ordered and posted about.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
How do you get the ammoon coupon?
I signed up but don't see anything in the coupons section in my ammoon account