Yet Another Cheap (but good) Wireless Guitar System

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I'll be interested to see how you like it. My past experience with UHF wireless systems has not been good, but it's been a few years since I tried one.

Well it's got to be better then the one I had 20 years ago

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
That's the time I'd want it to fail. :D

BTW, Tomtop has it on sale for $42.99 (35.04 GBP) with free shipping, but you'd have to wait for it to come from China.

https://www.tomtop.com/p-i4092.html

For $13 priority shipping you can get it in 3-6 days, or for a mere $32 you can slow it down to 4-10 days with expedited shipping. I think I am going with expedited!

Walmart also has them at $48 with a July 5th delivery date.

Still trying to figure out why a need these, but I am sure I will come up with a compelling reason.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Still trying to figure out why a need these, but I am sure I will come up with a compelling reason.

In my case I kept rolling over the cable when practicing in my office/studio/whatever room. Small space, and really annoying. I have the Xvive U2 model (which is probably exactly the same innards as those others) on the charger cables except when using them and it's too convenient for words. :Beer:

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
In my case I kept rolling over the cable when practicing in my office/studio/whatever room. Small space, and really annoying. I have the Xvive U2 model (which is probably exactly the same innards as those others) on the charger cables except when using them and it's too convenient for words. :Beer:

MarkDyson = enabler!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Wireless, you say...
Wireless-eh.jpg

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Too pretty.
This was my domain in the early 80
...25 or 50 pair cabling to each phone. Medieval telecom days.
Me too, papa! I ran a few jumpers and punched down a few cables on them 66E blocks!...Bl-Or-Gn-Bn-Sl
I was actually doing "4-wire data" in the day, and would "steal/borrrow" pairs from the 1A2 guys' cables so I wouldn't have to run a new quad! Ma Bell took good care of me!

artyman

Fareham UK
Well I played my third gig using the Ammoon wireless kit so with the initial noodle to test them when received and a practice session this afternoon, that's over four hours on one charge, I'll play again tomorrow at the church ready for Sunday, but think I might be pushing it to risk the service on Sunday as well, I don't mind if they fail during practice, but I must say am impressed. Also took a walk down the garden and the range seems pretty decent as well.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Ma Bell took good care of me!
It wasn't me! I worked for a very (pre-divestiture) interconnect back when the first question our sales people got from customers was "Are you sure it isn't illegal to own your own phones?"
It's one of those stories that changed my life (I'm still not sure if it was for the better). I ended up taking a job I never applied for and didn't really want. 37 years later, I retired from telecom.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Not sure what the connection is, but I probably know about a dozen guitar/bass players that retired from AT&T, Ma Bell or some other telecom company. ;)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Not sure what the connection is, but I probably know about a dozen guitar/bass players that retired from AT&T, Ma Bell or some other telecom company. ;)
I wouldn't know. I took my first interconnect job because it was good pay and easy work. Even though I"m retired for two years, I still do all the FCC filings for the last company. It could have something to do with the fact that they still owe me some money on my ownership buyout. There is still a phone on my desk on the company's VOIP system,.