Yet Another Cheap (but good) Wireless Guitar System

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Many of you know how happy I've been with the Rifftone wireless I bought awhile ago. It was a little over $100 and performs as well as any I've seen or tried. Well, now Ammoon has upped the ante with their new 5.8Ghz wireless system. A friend of mine has the Boss wireless and uses it with his band's gigs, but wanted to get something he could just use practicing, so he bought the Ammoon from Amazon. It sells for $65.99, but if you register with an email address at ammoon.com, you can get a 20% off coupon that takes the price down to $52.79. For that price, you could buy two and have a backup set.

I tried it (and compared it to my Rifftone) the other day and it sounds great. It supposedly last for 5 hours (I only used it for two) and actually has slightly better specs than the Rifftone. It's similar to the Uvive U2 in size and appearance. The only downside (for some) would be that it only comes in a "wood" color. Here's the Amazon link and a couple of photos of the one I tried.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MC7ZW9T/

Ammoon1.jpg Ammoon2.jpg

UPDATE 12-2-19: I've been using this system regularly for the past 6 months. Seeing @Griff's upcoming AAP session on wireless guitar systems made me revive this thread. Mine is still going strong with great tone and battery life (including shelf life). If you want a wireless guitar system for home practice, jams and occasional gigging that performs well at a low price, go for the Ammoon. The price on Amazon (with the 20% coupon) is now even cheaper than it was when I bought it (Under $50).

Last edited:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I have the Rifftone and have been very happy with it. Thanks MikeR for the original reference to it. I also have a Uvive U2... Now here I am wondering if I should get a 3rd for back up!... ;-) Sounds like a real bargain! Thanks!!!

CVTOT

Blues Newbie
Just checked out the amazon link that was posted, man, there are a crapload of companies making wireless systems.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
How long before these things are “built-in” to guitars/amps? (And while they’re at it, throw in a tuner!)
Fender? Gibson? Firefly?! C’mon guys...it’s the 21st century!

artyman

Fareham UK
Well my Ammoon Wireless kit arrived today, quick charge and test and no complaints worked faultlessly and I couldn't detect any latency problem. Cost from Amazon UK was £48.99 so a good deal cheaper than the Line 6 and Xvive offerings.

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
Love the trend! Any decent* wireless IEM/headphone systems in this price range yet?

*acceptably minimal latency unlike Bluetooth wireless headphones.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Well my Ammoon Wireless kit arrived today, quick charge and test and no complaints worked faultlessly and I couldn't detect any latency problem. Cost from Amazon UK was £48.99 so a good deal cheaper than the Line 6 and Xvive offerings.
Ken,

Which one did you get? I was seeing Ammoon wireless kits on there for between £25-35 so £48.99 sounds a little steep. Is it a special one?

cheers

Al.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Ken,

Thanks for the reply. As I mainly would just be using it at home if I get one I may just get the cheaper 2.4. However not convinced with wireless. I would probably just keep leaving it switched on and running the battery down:rolleyes:

cheers

Al.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I would probably just keep leaving it switched on and running the battery down:rolleyes:.

My little "home studio" area's power bar sports a row of USB charging ports as well as AC sockets. Between the XVive wireless and, now, the Fender Acoustasonic, I have a few wires lying about that I'm cultivating the habit of making sure are always connected when the devices aren't in use. I don't think I'll ever be free of cable clutter. :confused:

artyman

Fareham UK
Well used the Ammoon Wireless kit today for a gig they worked well which is more than can be said about the player, who managed to lose his way halfway through a "Shadows" instrumental number :oops: