Yet Another Addicted Newbie

MikeC

Blues Newbie
Finally breaking the ice after reading posts for months. Reminds me, where'd I put my Bourbon?

Hello. My name is Mike, and I'm addicted to Stratocasters.

Anyway, thanks to all for interesting posts and banter, especially during these strange days. Indeed, I too play the Blues and get messed up when I forget what to play over the 4 chord in a minor progression (hint: it's not the Mixolydian scale, but the minor House pattern is a nice default). God Bless Griff for spoon feeding us messy masses the free information over the years, and I'll say here that the Chord by Chord Blues Soloing package is easily worth the price. Keep playing everyone, and as Riley said, love singing your Blues. Look forward to participating as much as possible. Old, 3 teenagers, full-time job, 2 hours a day in the car, you know the drill. Any chance of jams in upstate NY please say the word, I need to play nice with others or I'll stay my hopelessly mediocre self forever.

Cheers.

Attachments

• thumbnail2.jpg
    thumbnail2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 13

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Welcome to the forum Mike! Good to have you with us!! Caution!!! If you hang with us you will buy more strats! And maybe even a few others to enjoy!! :thumbup:

Last edited:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.

MikeC

Blues Newbie
Well, admitting you have a problem is the first step. :rolleyes: I really like that blue strat btw. Welcome to the forum!
Thank you Sir. It is, and I confess. Beat up, broken, and re-built 2002 American Standard. Don't really like the CS Fat 50s pickups though, have 54s in the white strat and may swap in another set. Cheers!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Saratoga Area. Heard rumor of previous Glens Falls weekend long jams, any news on future gatherings once we can all gather again?

Alas, I'm not sure when the next NY one might be. After two years running I'm thinking the folks who organized them are taking a breather. Next scheduled one is (virus permitting) this August in Kalamazoo, MI. For me it's about a 10 hour drive and I'm planning to make it.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the forum Mike.
There is no shame in your Strat Jones, but to get the monkey off your back I prescribe the acquisition of a Tele or Les Paul as soon as is possible.....;)
...and an autonomous vehicle so you can jam during that long commute.
Again welcome, and pay no attention to me. I serve no useful purpose on this forum. :rolleyes:

MikeC

Blues Newbie
Welcome to the forum Mike.
There is no shame in your Strat Jones, but to get the monkey off your back I prescribe the acquisition of a Tele or Les Paul as soon as is possible.....;)
...and an autonomous vehicle so you can jam during that long commute.
Again welcome, and pay no attention to me. I serve no useful purpose on this forum. :rolleyes:
Your quote needs an update. :Beer: Yes you do. You reminded me I have to re-start saving for a Les Paul. I've been a sucker for Duane Allman and Dickey Betts since Nixon was President.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum.
"Up State NY" is a pretty wide area.
We recently had a BGU jam in Glens Falls. If you are in that area contact @Gibsongirl. when things open back up. I know there is a jam up there that has welcoming players.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Two Strats does not an addiction make. But stick around, we'll fix you right up;)

Welcome to the forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information (some of it good) and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

MikeC

Blues Newbie
Welcome to the Forum.
"Up State NY" is a pretty wide area.
We recently had a BGU jam in Glens Falls. If you are in that area contact @Gibsongirl. when things open back up. I know there is a jam up there that has welcoming players.
Will do. Appreciate the info.

MikeC

Blues Newbie
Two Strats does not an addiction make. But stick around, we'll fix you right up;)

Welcome to the forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information (some of it good) and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!
That's just the two I own now, needle marks go back aways......

Can sense supportive folks already, thanks. I kinda feel like someone's gonna call me in from playing catch in the backyard any minute now...

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Welcome dude lots of good peeps here. Not many perps either!

Yeah shoot Glens Falls was epic but it might be a while before that one comes back!

You seem to know what your doing so jump on in!

MikeC

Blues Newbie
Welcome dude lots of good peeps here. Not many perps either!

Yeah shoot Glens Falls was epic but it might be a while before that one comes back!

You seem to know what your doing so jump on in!
Thank you Sir! Need to fire up Audacity and see if I can join in on the Virtual Jam Room fun.

Bob630

Blues Newbe
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy. I to enjoy playing a strat. I do have a PRS that i play as well. Where in upstate are you. I live in Scotia, NY. Name is Bob.