Electric Guitars Why... maybe stupid n00b question

PeterSchroeder

Munich, Germany
A pity that they don´t have the wizard necks in the Artist series, they look superb. Maybe I just have to free my mind of the metal image I get when I look at the RG´s. Heard some demos (on YT and live) and they seem to be able to do any kind of sound, not only fast shredding, thanks to five position selector and dual humbucker...

dwparker

Bluesologist
That's the same way I think of them----don't care much for there visual styling---but that is my personal problem- I should get over it--I also have the AS-93---and for some reason I havn't played it in 3-4 years.---don't know why I just don't.

I don't play mine as much after getting my Talman because I just don't find the body shape to be comfortable and my left hand is out somewhere by pluto whenever I play something in open or first position. I might be selling it soon and use the proceeds to help finance a tele. But I do prefer the Gibson scale lenght, so maybe not. We'll see.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I've been in similar situations over the years. My passion for collecting guitars has resulted in quite a number of different neck styles, shapes and thicknesses. At some point, I became indifferent to most of the variations. I'm not even sure I have a preference any more.

That's kinda what I've experienced too.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I guess I got a long way to go before I will experience something similar. Until then I‘d rather pick the tool which is easiest (and most fun) to use. And at least for me this is not the SG. Maybe I will come back to it later, the sound is amazing.
I flip between the playing the Fender's a lot and then back to playing the Gibson's a lot all the time........... even from different Fender's when I'm playing Fender's or different Gibson's when I'm playing Gibson's......... Just keep them handy!! :Beer: