Which Pedals go where?

Hey all I have the following pedals and am not sure in what order they should be linked together.
  1. Tuner
  2. Compressor
  3. Blues Driver
  4. Delay
  5. Looper
My amp is a Blues Junior. Any input you may have would be greatly appreciated.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I agree with Mark. If it were me placing them, that's the order that they''d be in. Mine generally follow that same path...guitar, tuner, compression, drive, modulation, looper, amp.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Hey all I have the following pedals and am not sure in what order they should be linked together.
  1. Tuner
  2. Compressor
  3. Blues Driver
  4. Delay
  5. Looper
My amp is a Blues Junior. Any input you may have would be greatly appreciated.
You have them placed how I have them placed. Except I don't have a delay hooked up to either of the amps I have set up. You might try the delay in the effects loop just for grins. And keep in mind that you will get some compression from your Blues Driver. I don't have a compressor or delay hooked up to my "go to" amp and I rarely if ever use it on the other one. :Beer:

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Also I have found I should have a noise suppressor in my loop. I noticed when I plugged in the delay and looper the noise increased significantly.
Check if your loop has 2 settings. Many are switchable. From my amp manual
"The Effects Loop Level switch sets the effects loop to either +4dBV/-10dBV, which enables you to use it with either professional equipment (+4dBV setting), or with guitar level effects such as effects pedals (-10dBV setting)."
You may find switching it may help. In general keep away from noise suppressors as they can sound artificial. Unless you play some form of death metal in which case it is de rigure.

cheers

Al.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Ray, as my addiction to pedals progressed, I found this book very informative. It explains different pedals, what they do, suggested starting settings, etc.
Introduction to Guitar Tone & Effects: A Manual for Getting the Best Sounds from Electric Guitars, Amplifiers, Effects Pedals & Process
One of the final chapters talks about combining pedals and suggested order.

Here is a copyright infringement (just one page and most of it blocked out!). He has just about every possible pedal type and the suggested order.

pedals.jpg

Ray, as my addiction to pedals progressed, I found this book very informative. It explains different pedals, what they do, suggested starting settings, etc.
Introduction to Guitar Tone & Effects: A Manual for Getting the Best Sounds from Electric Guitars, Amplifiers, Effects Pedals & Process
One of the final chapters talks about combining pedals and suggested order.

Here is a copyright infringement (just one page and most of it blocked out!). He has just about every possible pedal type and the suggested order.

View attachment 9496
thank you that is very helpful.

I tried many things to get the noise level down (thanks for all the suggestions) but nothing worked. So I went to my local and trusted guitar shop and one of the guys knew exactly what it was. It was noise from the power supply or lack of enough power. So after purchasing and installing an MXR iso-brick power supply......problem solved.