Where's everyone at?

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I've noticed a lack of new recordings for SWS solos, and none for solos 5-7 yet.

Do me a favor and chime in with where you're at so far.

Griff

wgabree

Blues Newbie
I finished BBG & BGU.  I'm taking a "learn a song" break, then I'm launching into SWS (probably in a week or so).

:cool:

henryj

Blues Newbie
I'm into BGU and progressing slowly.  I just don't have the music bone in my head and struggle quite a bit.

I practice about an hour a day and I am still having fun and learning so much more than I expected.

Just toying with SWS at this point.  Just starting on lesson 5 solo 1.
I am looking forward to getting deeper into it.

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
I did SWS solo one and started solo 2.
Went back to refining BGU solo 4 and started BGU solo 5.
Also been working on Brian Setzers 'Summertime Blues' from My Twangy Guitar too among other stuff.
Trying to play these lessons like you do Griff is a monumental task for me and I suspect more than a few others here.
Not to say it isn't fun or rewarding...just time consuming for those trying to develop better playing skills.

Spencer

Blues Newbie
I'll post solo 2 by the end of the week, and still working on lesson 6. After that I'm thinking about taking a little time to get the first 2 BGU solos recording before I get back to SWS. We'll see. (Currently around midway through BGU also)

ndjordjevic

Blues Newbie
Finally I'm able to play all the notes from SWS #4 but only at 80% of the full tempo. It will take some time to do the recording at a full speed. There are some really tough parts there. Maybe I'll do it at 90% and post the baseline ... Still I'm not even close to make my own stuff over the backing. My fingers mechanically repeat Griff's licks and I hove no idea yet how to make my own licks which sound good. :mad:

CJ_Allan

Blues Newbie
Well I just got a Line 6 Pod Studio UX1, and i'm going thru a learning curve with all this trying to record stuff..
But will be puttin something up in the not toooo distant future.
Also....I'm loaded down right now engraving pick guards, & other accesories for guitars etc..

So When my plate empties a little....I'm Here....

SWS & Playin through the Blues are GREAT courses...
Thanks Griff.... :)

L

Lame_Pinkey

After I read this post I realised I hadn't even listened to solo 5-7 so I put the CD # 2 in but got absolutely nothing from it - not a peep.
Tried it in the Mac same thing, then I thought maybe my Comp's decided to stuff up at the same time so I tried CD # 1 & it worked just fine.I guess CD # 2 is a dodgie bodgie.

LP

R

RichC

Halfway through BGU I swithced to SWS Im finishing up solo 3- probably another few weeks.

Rich C

Cyberthrasher_706

Blues Newbie
Well, I've got SWS solo's 1 and 2 down pretty easily. I'm back to work on BGU Solo 3 while working on some of my own original stuff, learning parts of some songs, and learning a few more boxes and the fretboard better. I think once I finish up solo 3, I'll go back to SWS for a little bit. I'm in this for the long haul, so I'm just taking my time to really make sure everything is well engrained according to the hectic life schedule.

Griff

Staff member
After I read this post I realised I hadn't even listened to solo 5-7 so I put the CD # 2 in but got absolutely nothing from it - not a peep.
Tried it in the Mac same thing, then I thought maybe my Comp's decided to stuff up at the same time so I tried CD # 1 & it worked just fine.I guess CD # 2 is a dodgie bodgie.

LP
Hey LP, if it's a bad disk send me a PM with your email and address and I'll send you a new one.

Griff

zwantedone

Blues Newbie
Griff, I've pretty much got solo1 down. Last lick a little problematic for me, but I'll get it down. I prefer the basic blues in Bb version. I've been watching solo 2, and will start on that soon. I have to tell you, I can't believe how much i've progressed since i started with your courses. I am working with BBG, but SWS is what I'm after. So glad I ran across your 4 note solo ad..Will

kgarkie

Been living the blues.
I'm getting solo 3 up to speed.  I'm kind of slow; but, after working 9 - 10 hrs a day in the hot sun (111 days over 90 this year along with the hottest summer on record) and then trying to get a house ready for sale on the weekends, sometimes I'm to tired to do much of anything. 

smeg

Blues Newbie
right before the "at"..................sorry, grandmother was something of a grammar freak and that was something I musta' heard her say 1000 times...now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

Griff

Staff member
I'm getting solo 3 up to speed.  I'm kind of slow; but, after working 9 - 10 hrs a day in the hot sun (111 days over 90 this year along with the hottest summer on record) and then trying to get a house ready for sale on the weekends, sometimes I'm to tired to do much of anything. 
Oh so you got the heat this year.... we've actually been unusually cool in southern California this summer. Personally I couldn't be happier about it coming from the mountains of Colorado.

Griff

(sorry for being off topic, couldn't resist.)

Neil

Blues Newbie
Hi Griff, I started with BGU and got up to Solo 4, but was finding it hard.Then SWS came out, which I promptly bought.
I have got to Solo example 2, which I can more or less play ,but I cannot get the timing in some bits. However my daughter, who is a flute player, and can read the dots, has given me some tips, notably in bars 1,12,19, 20,22, so I hope to get there in the not too distant future.
It's a challenge, but it's great fun!
All the best,
Neil (from Bonnie Scotland)

Rue

Blues Newbie
I've finished BBG , am on the last lesson of BGU .  In SWS I've just finished lesson 3 where it says 'go back and review' which is what I'll do.

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Oh yeah, and I'm on day 5 of starting lesson 6 for the 10th time. I'm gonna stick with it this time around, I swear!

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
Finished as much of BBG as I want ... Quit on barre chords ... I have SWS Solo# 1 and Solo# 1 Revisited down pretty good ... workin' off and on with SWS lesson #6 finding the notes ... I am also doing the BGU Lesson #15 the Blues Scale ... I do not have the stuff to record ... don't feel like even taking the time to learn or spending any more money on PC equipment ...
   I'm disappointed in my progress ... when I play all I've learned from the courses as I invariably do during warm-up , then through practice, I feel like just what I am : a guy that can play a couple neat little tunes but nothing anyone including me would applaud ... I started this way too late in life ... anyway ... I'll keep doin' it because I love the Blues but I really don't expect I'll ever reach any level that would eventually satisfy my goal of being a [glow=yellow,2,300]REAL[/glow] guitar player ...
       Hey Tater ... if you read this I lived all over Colorado ... I was in the Mental Health business and moved where my work took me ... Post Graduate from Adams St. out of Alamosa, Co. ... last place we lived was Aspen where I practiced for 8 years ...
   Where in Colorado are you from ? ... I really miss it ... I'm in a continual struggle with myself between living on the beach and moving back to the Rocky Mtns. ...    :)