What next?

What course did you take after BGU2?

• Total voters

DanielLash

Blues Newbie
Hey guys, just finished BGU2 today and looking for suggestions for the next class.

is there a recommended order to take the classes?

thanks
Dan

ervjohns

Blues Junior
5 Easy Blues Solos if you want to learn more complete solos is one option, I’m sure others will chime in,

BTW congrats on finishing BGU, I’ve gone back to it more than once and I don’t think I will ever be done with it.

Erv

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Congrats Dan! Completing BGU2 is a big accomplishment!
I think there are about a dozen really good choices, but it really depends on where you want go from here. One course I remember getting lots of recommendations for was "Soloing Without Scales."
I like ervjohns recommendation of "5 Easy Blues Solos" (one of my favorite courses), but I'm thinking that if you got through solos 4, 5, and 6 of BGU, you're already playing more advanced solos. And then there's the whole Acoustic thing...ABGU is a great acoustic blues course if your so inclined. I'm sure others (far more sober) will chime in with great recommendations. Congrats!

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
If you finished BGU2..........5 Easy Blues Solos and 5 More Easy Blues Solos would just be additional practice. Blues Gig In A Box 1 and 2 would test you more if you wanted to work on more whole song (rhythm and lead) work.

Danno

Blues Newbie
You might consider working on a course that addresses what you feel is a weakness in your playing. If you're not comfortable with rhythm playing maybe look at one of the rhythm courses or a mixed rhythm and lead course. Something like that. Also you might want to work a couple of other courses at the same time such as a theory course and/or a speed building course. Those are useful regardless.

PCM

Spring, Texas
You might consider working on a course that addresses what you feel is a weakness in your playing. If you're not comfortable with rhythm playing maybe look at one of the rhythm courses or a mixed rhythm and lead course. Something like that. Also you might want to work a couple of other courses at the same time such as a theory course and/or a speed building course. Those are useful regardless.

What Danno said!

Practice your "weaknesses" (if you have any :)).

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Dan, the one that helped me the most (Confidence wise) was Soloing Without Scales, but any of the soloing courses would be great too.
BE sure to consider/look into an All Access Pass too. IMO That's the biggest bang for the buck .